Notary services will be suspended September 2 – November 11 due to election preparation.
Notary services will be provided pursuant to the laws of the State of Michigan and the following Notary Service Policy of the City of Novi:
Notaries acting on the behalf of the City of Novi shall:
- Only notarize documents written in English, or with the English translation attached.
- Notarize completed documents, which shall not contain blanks.
- Confirm the identity of all individuals requesting notary service against a government issued photo identification card.
- Act as a witness to and notarize the same document.
- Not notarize copies of passports, I-9 forms, closing paperwork, financial documents, trusts, wills, or power of attorney.
- Not certify or notarize that a record is an original or a true copy of another record.
- Not perform a notarial act electronically.
We reserve the right to refuse to notarize any document.