The City Clerk’s Office is a primary point of contact for the public and strives to provide the highest quality of service to the community by supporting the organized values and goals of the City Council.
Among the responsibilities of the Clerk are:
- Keeper of all documents and records pertaining to the city including ordinances, resolutions and actions of City Council
- Records and transcribes City Council minutes
- Maintains the Code of Ordinances
- Issues permits/licenses
- Administers all Federal, State and Local Elections
- Maintains the records of all registered voters
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) coordinator
- Accepts passport applications
- Publishes and posts notices as required by law
- Handles mail distribution and postage for City offices
Novi's City Clerk is Cortney Hanson. You can reach the City Clerk's office at 248-347-0456.