Rules of Conduct
Public Hearing Format and Rules of Conduct:
- Please turn off pagers and cell phones during the meeting.
- Applicant/Representative will be asked to come forth, state their name and address and be sworn in by the Secretary.
- Applicants/Representatives will be allowed five (5) minutes to address the Board and present their case. An extension of time may be granted at the discretion of the Chairperson.
- Anyone in the audience who wishes to address the Board regarding the current case will be asked by the Chairperson to raise their hands to be recognized.
- Once recognized, audience members addressing the Board will be sworn in and given three (3) minutes to speak as an individual or ten (10) minutes to speak if representing a group.
- Members of the audience will be allowed to address the Board once unless directly questioned by a Board member or the Chairperson.
- The Secretary will read the number of public hearing notices mailed pertaining to the current case. Responses will be entered into the record at this time.
- The Chairperson will ask for input from the Community Development Department Liaison, the Ordinance Enforcement Officer, the Planning Department and the City Attorney.
- The Chairperson will turn the case over to the Board for discussion, clarification and entertain a motion when appropriate.
- Impromptu statements from the audience during discussion by the Board will be considered out-of-order.
- A roll call vote will be taken to approve or deny the motion on the table and the next case will be called.