Novi residents on the City’s GFL Environmental contract receive a 95-gallon trash cart and 65-gallon recycling cart. Residents must use the 65-gallon cart for recycling but do not have to use the 95-gallon cart for trash. Residents can request additional carts from GFL Environmental (for a fee) by calling 248.204.6759 (press prompt 3 then prompt 9) .
Cart Use and Care
Here are some guidelines for how to care for your garbage and recycling carts If your cart is missing or damaged, please contact GFL Environmental at 248.204.6759 ( press prompt 3 then prompt 9) :
- Do not place heavy items in the cart, such as concrete, sand, gravel or soil.
- Rinse the cart out with water from time to time. If odor exists, then use a mild soap and water to wash the cart.
- Do not exceed the weight limits listed on the cart.
- Hot items such as BBQ, ashes or fire will destroy the cart, and should never be placed in the cart.
- Hazardous materials, chemicals, or flammable liquids should not be put in the cart.
- Never roll the cart with the lid open.
- Do not place the cart on slopes.
- Dragging the cart will wear a hole in the bottom. Please make sure to use the wheels to transport the cart from you home to the curb on collection days.
- Playing on or in the cart can cause injury or entrapment, and should not be done.
If your cart is missing or damaged, please contact GFL Environmental at 248.204.6759 (press prompt 3 then prompt 9).