Commemorative Gift Program
Commemorative Tree Program
The City of Novi Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Services Department commemorative tree program is a meaningful and distinctive way to pay tribute to a deceased loved one, to honor someone you love or respect, say thanks to a person or group, or to commemorate life events. A tree is a living, lasting gift that will grow in size and beauty each year and will be a constant remembrance of the reason it was given. The program is open to all members of the community and will involve the planting of trees in specified areas in City parks.
The procedure for purchasing a Commemorative Tree is easy. The Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department has established the following simple steps:
1. Please visit the City of Novi Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department for an application or click below.
Commemorative Tree Order Form
Payment may be made by check payable to the City of Novi Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Services Department, Credit Card payments are accepted in person.
Completed forms may be emailed or mailed to City of Novi Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Services Department, 45175 10 Mile Road, Novi MI 48375.
2. The City of Novi has selected specific locations. The purchaser can select which park the tree will be planted and can select a predetermined location.
3. The City of Novi will order the tree from a local nursery or landscape business, order and install the commemorative plaque, and plant and maintain the tree.
4. The City of Novi will notify the purchaser when the bench will be placed. Benches will be placed when weather allows. Please allow 10-16 weeks from order date.
After the bench is placed, the donor will receive a certificate with location.
The plaques will be a 12” x 8” x 2" granite block or 8 x 6” aluminum plaque, based on location.
A record will be kept in a database in the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department office of each bench sponsored. Each record shall include the following:
1. Name, Address, and phone number of the donor.
2. Date installed.
4. Wording on the plaque.
5. Amount Paid.
Commitment to the Patron
The City of Novi Department of Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services will have the tree installed according to the above schedule upon receipt of donation. The plaque will be guaranteed for 10 years after the date of installation. If the tree is destroyed within two years it will be replaced without any additional cost. At the City’s discretion, if the tree dies after two years or is removed to make way for something else, the plaque may be moved to an alternate location as close as possible to the original location. If a plaque is reported missing within 10 years, the City is responsible for replacing.