PARKS, RECREATION & CULTURAL SERVICES COMMISSION AGENDA
CITY OF NOVI
Thursday, Sept. 20, 2018 – 7 P.M.
Council Chambers | Novi Civic Center |45175 Ten Mile Road
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
2. ROLL CALL: Commissioners Dooley, Thomopoulos, Joshi, Muzzin, Pratt, Staab, Torimoto, Student Representatives Jooho Lee, Alice Wou
3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
4. CITIZEN COMMENTS: In order to hear all citizen comments at a reasonable hour, the City Council requests that speakers respect the three-minute time limit. This is not a question-answer session. However, it is an opportunity to voice your thoughts with City Council. Speakers wishing to display visual materials through the City’s audiovisual system must provide the materials to the PRCS Office no later than 12:00 p.m. noon the day of the meeting. The materials cannot be changed before the meeting.
5. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
A. Approval of August 2018 minutes
6. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
A. Walkable Novi – Commissioners Muzzin & Thomopoulos
B. Novi Park Foundation – Commissioner Staab & Torimoto
C.Grants Committee – Commissioners Dooley & Pratt
D. Parks Updates
1. Wildlife Woods Park – Commissioner Thomopoulos /Lee
2. Rotary Park – Commissioner Pratt
3. Novi Dog Park – Commissioner Dooley
4. Villa Barr Art Park – Commissioner Torimoto
5. Village Wood Lake Park (August) – Commissioner Muzzin
7. MATTERS FOR COMMISSION DISCUSSION AND/OR ACTION:
A. Commission Chair, Vice Chair and Committee Nominations
B. Wildlife Woods Park Improvements
8. STAFF REPORTS:
A. Administration Division – Director Jeff Muck
1. Park Project Updates
B. Recreation Division – Deputy Director Tracie Ringle
1. Program & Services
C. Older Adults Division – Older Adult Services Manager Karen Kapchonick
1. Program & Services
9. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
10. COMMISSIONER COMMENTS:
12. FUTURE EVENTS:
20 Parks Commission @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
24 City Council @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
3 CPR Class @ Fire Station #4 – 6:30-10 p.m.
6 Shred Day @ Corrigan Records Storage – 9 a.m.-noon
6 Household Hazardous Waste Day @ Novi Civic Center – 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
6 Pinochle Tournament @ Novi Civic Center – 2 p.m.
8 City Council @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
10 Battle of the Badges Blood Drive @ Novi Civic Center – 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
13 Child Car Seat Safety Check @ Fire Station #4 – 9 a.m.-noon
13 S’mores Family Fun Run @ Lakeshore Park – 5:30-7:30 p.m.
17 Older Adult Advisory Board @ Novi Civic Center – 6:30 p.m.
18 Parks Commission @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
20 Household Hazardous Waste Day @ RRRASOC, Southfield – 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
22 City Council @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
24 An Evening of Broadway Hits @ Novi Civic Center – 7-8 p.m.
27 Novi Holiday Arts & Crafts Show @ Novi High School – 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
28 Day of the Dead @ Novi Civic Center – 2-4:30 p.m.
31 “Spiders, Bats & Cats, Oh My!” Halloween Luncheon @ Meadowbrook Activity Center – Noon-2 p.m.
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department 248.347.0400 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations.