PARKS, RECREATION & CULTURAL SERVICES COMMISSION AGENDA
CITY OF NOVI
Thursday, July 19, 2018 – 7 P.M.
Council Chambers | Novi Civic Center |45175 Ten Mile Road
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
2. ROLL CALL: Commissioners Dooley, Thomopoulos, Joshi, Muzzin, Pratt, Staab, Torimoto, Student Representatives Jooho Lee, Alice Wou
3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
4. CITIZEN COMMENTS: In order to hear all citizen comments at a reasonable hour, the Parks Commission requests that speakers respect the three-minute time limit. This is not a question-answer session. However, it is an opportunity to voice your thoughts with PRCS Commission. Speakers wishing to display visual materials through the City’s audiovisual system must provide the materials to the PRCS Office no later than 5 p.m. five days before the meeting and the materials cannot be changed before the meeting.
5. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
A. Approval of May 2018 minutes
6. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
A. Walkable Novi – Commissioners Muzzin & Thomopoulos
B. Novi Park Foundation – Commissioner Staab & Torimoto
1. Pour on the Shore 7/27 Fundraiser Update
C. Grants Committee – Commissioners Dooley & Pratt
1. ITC Trailhead Park Expansion Update
D. Parks Updates
1. Power Park (June) – Commissioner Staab
2. Rotary Park (May) – Commissioner Pratt
3. ITC Community Sports Park (April) – Commissioner Dooley
7. MATTERS FOR COMMISSION DISCUSSION AND/OR ACTION:
A. Bike Sharing Programs
8. STAFF REPORTS:
A. Administration Division – Director Jeff Muck
1. Park Project Updates
2. ITC Corridor Trail Update
B. Recreation Division – Deputy Director Tracie Ringle
1. Program & Services
C. Older Adults Division – Older Adult Services Manager Karen Kapchonick
1. Program & Services
9. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
10. COMMISSIONER COMMENTS:
12. FUTURE EVENTS:
19 Novi Summer Luau – Oakland County Adaptive Recreation @ Novi Civic Center – 6:30-8:30 p.m.
19 Parks Commission @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
21 Child Car Seat Safety Check @ Fire Station #4 – 9 a.m.-noon
23 City Council @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
25 Sizzling Summer Art Series: John the Magician @ Pavilion Shore Park – 10:30 a.m.
27 Pour on the Shore @ Pavilion Shore Park – 6:30-10:30 p.m.
28 Motor City Mountain Biking Association & Team Tree Farm Relay @ Lakeshore Park – 8:45 a.m.
28 Luau on the Shore @ Pavilion Shore Park – 6-9 p.m.
1 Sizzling Summer Art Series: Kevin Kammeraad @ Novi Civic Center – 10:30 a.m.
8 Sizzling Summer Art Series: Palamazoo @ Novi Civic Center – 10:30 a.m.
13 City Council @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
15 Sizzling Summer Art Series: African Drumming and Dance Troupe Heritage Works @ Novi Civic Center – 10:30 a.m.
15 Older Adult Advisory Board @ Novi Civic Center – 6:30 p.m.
16 Tropical Steelpan Music with Aaron Parrot @ Meadowbrook Activity Center – 1:30-2:30 p.m.
16 Parks Commission @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
17 Maker Fest (Dusk Movie: “Coco”) @ Fuerst Park – 7 p.m.
18 Child Car Seat Safety Check @ Fire Station #4 – 9 a.m.-noon
21 Movie on the Shore (Dusk Movie: “Sherlock Gnomes”) @ Pavilion Shore Park – 6 p.m.
23 Birthday Wishes for your 85+ Years @ Meadowbrook Activity Center – 1:30-3 p.m.
27 City Council @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
30 NPFBA Golf Classic @ Links of Novi – 8:30 a.m.
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department 248.347.0400 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations.