PARKS, RECREATION & CULTURAL SERVICES COMMISSION AGENDA
CITY OF NOVI
Thursday, Aug. 17, 2017 – 7 P.M.
Council Chambers | Novi Civic Center |45175 Ten Mile Road
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
2. ROLL CALL: Commissioners Bauss, Dooley, Jewell, Pratt, Staab, Thomopoulos, Torimoto, Student Representatives Jooho Lee, Sanidhya Singh
3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
4. CITIZEN COMMENTS: In order to hear all citizen comments at a reasonable hour, the Parks Commission requests that speakers respect the three-minute time limit. This is not a question-answer session. However, it is an opportunity to voice your thoughts with PRCS Commission. Speakers wishing to display visual materials through the City’s audiovisual system must provide the materials to the PRCS Office no later than 5 p.m. five days before the meeting and the materials cannot be changed before the meeting.
5. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
A. Approval of July 2017 minutes
6. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
A. Walkable Novi – Commissioners Thomopoulos & Bauss
B. Novi Park Foundation – Commissioner Torimoto
C. Grants Committee – Commissioners Pratt & Dooley
D. Parks Updates
1. Village Wood Lake Park – Commissioner Thomopoulos
2. Villa Barr Art Park – Commissioner Jewell
7. MATTERS FOR COMMISSION DISCUSSION AND/OR ACTION:
A. Commission Chair, Vice Chair and Committee Nominations
8. STAFF REPORTS:
A. Administration Division – Deputy Director Tracie Ringle
1. Project Updates
B. Recreation Division – Deputy Director Tracie Ringle
1. Program & Services
2. 2015-17 Marketing Plan Report and 2017-19 Marketing Plan Update
C. Older Adults Division – Social Services Coordinator Sandy Fisher
1. Program & Services
9. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
10. COMMISSIONER COMMENTS:
12. FUTURE EVENTS:
17 Parks Commission @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
18 Sizzling Summer: Fairy Tale & “Pete’s Dragon” Movie @ Fuerst Park – 7 p.m.
22 Movie on the Shore “Finding Dory” @ Pavilion Shore Park – 6 p.m.
24 Celebrating 85+ Fabulous Years @ Meadowbrook Activity Center – 1-2:30 p.m.
26 Car Seat Safety Check @ Fire Station #4 – 9 a.m.-noon
28 City Council @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
29 Fall Business Blender @ Novi Public Library – 8-10 a.m.
31 Senior Day at the State Fair @ Suburban Collection Showplace – 10 a.m.-noon
2 Shredding Day @ Corrigan Record Storage – 9 a.m.-noon
4 City Offices, Meadowbrook Activity Center, Novi Public Library Closed
6 CPR Class @ Fire Station #4 – 6:30-10 p.m.
9 Civilian Pistol Safety @ Novi Police Department Training Center – 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
9 Car Seat Safety Check @ Fire Station #4 – 9 a.m.-noon
11 City Council @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
21 Parks Commission @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
25 City Council @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department 248.347.0400 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations.