PARKS, RECREATION & CULTURAL SERVICES COMMISSION AGENDA
CITY OF NOVI
Thursday, Feb. 20, 2020 – 7 P.M.
Council Chambers | Novi Civic Center |45175 Ten Mile Road
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
2. ROLL CALL: Commissioners Dooley, Staab, Joshi, Pratt, Riggins, Smith, Torimoto, Student Representatives Ananya Kamalesh, Saketh Ogirala
3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
4. CITIZEN COMMENTS: In order to hear all citizen comments at a reasonable hour, the City Council requests that speakers respect the three-minute time limit. This is not a question-answer session. However, it is an opportunity to voice your thoughts with City Council. Speakers wishing to display visual materials through the City’s audiovisual system must provide the materials to the PRCS Office no later than 12:00 p.m. noon the day of the meeting. The materials cannot be changed before the meeting.
5. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
A. Approval of January 2019 minutes
6. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
A. Walkable Novi – Commissioners Riggins & Smith
B. Novi Park Foundation – Commissioners Staab & Torimoto
C. Grants Committee – Commissioners Dooley & Joshi
D. Parks Updates
1. Pavilion Shore Park – Commissioner Riggins
2. Village Wood Lake Park – Commissioner Pratt
3. Meadowbrook Commons (Dec.) – Commissioner Pratt
7. MATTERS FOR COMMISSION DISCUSSION AND/OR ACTION:
A. Annual Report
B. mParks Conference
8. STAFF REPORTS:
A. Administration Division – Director Jeff Muck
1. Park Project Updates
2. Recreation Center Committee Update
B. Recreation Division – Deputy Director Tracie Ringle
1. Program & Services
2. Villa Barr Planning Update
C. Older Adults Division – Older Adult Services Manager Derek Stogner
1. Program & Services
9. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
10. COMMISSIONER COMMENTS:
12. FUTURE EVENTS:
20 Oakland County Adaptive Super Heroes Dance @ Novi Civic Center – 6 p.m.
20 Parks Commission @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
24 City Council @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
27 Youth Soccer Registration Deadline
28 Mother Son Dance @ Novi Civic Center – 7 p.m.
2 City Council @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
4 CPR Class @ Fire Station #4 – 6:30-10 p.m.
5 Police & Fire Awards Ceremony @ Novi Civic Center – 7:30 p.m.
12 OAS St. Patrick’s Day Luncheon @ Meadowbrook Activity Center – noon-2 p.m.
14 CPL Class @ Police Training Center – 5 p.m.
19 Parks Commission @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
21 Child Car Seat Safety Check @ Fire Station #4 – 9 a.m.-Noon
21 Battle of the Books Tween @ Novi Civic Center – 3 p.m.
23 City Council @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
29 Eggstravaganza @ Fuerst Park – 2 p.m.
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department 248.347.0400 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations.