PARKS, RECREATION & CULTURAL SERVICES COMMISSION AGENDA
CITY OF NOVI
Thursday, Dec. 19, 2019 – 7 P.M.
Council Chambers | Novi Civic Center |45175 Ten Mile Road
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
2. ROLL CALL: Commissioners Dooley, Staab, Joshi, Pratt, Riggins, Smith, Torimoto, Student Representatives Alex Fortsch, Ananya Kamalesh
3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
4. CITIZEN COMMENTS: In order to hear all citizen comments at a reasonable hour, the City Council requests that speakers respect the three-minute time limit. This is not a question-answer session. However, it is an opportunity to voice your thoughts with City Council. Speakers wishing to display visual materials through the City’s audiovisual system must provide the materials to the PRCS Office no later than 12:00 p.m. noon the day of the meeting. The materials cannot be changed before the meeting.
5. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
Approval of November 2019 minutes
6. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
A. Walkable Novi – Commissioners Riggins & Smith
B. Novi Park Foundation – Commissioners Staab & Torimoto
C. Grants Committee – Commissioners Dooley & Joshi
D. Parks Updates
1. Lakeshore Park – Commissioner Smith
2. Novi Ice Arena (Nov.) – Commissioner Torimoto
7. MATTERS FOR COMMISSION DISCUSSION AND/OR ACTION:
A. AARP FitLot Grant Application
8. STAFF REPORTS:
A. Administration Division – Director Jeff Muck
1. Park Project Updates
B. Recreation Division – Deputy Director Tracie Ringle
1. Program & Services
C. Older Adults Division – Older Adult Services Manager Derek Stogner
1. Program & Services
9. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
10. COMMISSIONER COMMENTS:
12. FUTURE EVENTS:
19 Parks Commission @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
19 Child Car Seat Safety Check @ Fire Station #4 – 9 a.m.-Noon
22 Skate with Santa @ Novi Ice Arena – 3 p.m.
28-29 City Offices Closed (Christmas)
31 City Offices Closed (New Year’s)
31 OAS New Year’s Eve Party @ Meadowbrook Activity Center – 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
1 City Offices Closed (New Year’s)
4 Try Skating for Free @ Novi Ice Arena – 9:45 a.m.
6 City Council @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
8 CPR Class @ Fire Station #4 – 6:30-10 p.m.
16 Parks Commission @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
18 Child Car Seat Safety Check @ Fire Station #4 – 9 a.m.-noon
18 Novi Civic Youth Theatre Auditions @ Novi Civic Center – Noon-5 p.m.
20 City Offices Closed (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
27 City Council @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
29 OAS Jigsaw Puzzle Tournament @ Novi Civic Center – 6-8 p.m.
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department 248.347.0400 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations.