PARKS, RECREATION & CULTURAL SERVICES COMMISSION AGENDA
CITY OF NOVI
Thursday, Sept. 19, 2019 – 7 P.M.
Council Chambers | Novi Civic Center |45175 Ten Mile Road
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
2. ROLL CALL: Commissioners Dooley, Joshi, Pratt, Riggins, Smith, Staab, Torimoto, Student Representatives Alex Fortsch, Ananya Kamalesh
3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
4. CITIZEN COMMENTS: In order to hear all citizen comments at a reasonable hour, the City Council requests that speakers respect the three-minute time limit. This is not a question-answer session. However, it is an opportunity to voice your thoughts with City Council. Speakers wishing to display visual materials through the City’s audiovisual system must provide the materials to the PRCS Office no later than 12:00 p.m. noon the day of the meeting. The materials cannot be changed before the meeting.
5. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
A.Approval of August 2019 minutes
6. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
A. Walkable Novi – Commissioners Joshi
B. Novi Park Foundation – Commissioners Staab & Torimoto
C. Grants Committee – Commissioners Dooley & Joshi
D. Parks Updates
1. Wildlife Woods Park – Commissioner Pratt
2. Village Wood Lake Park (Aug.) – Commissioner Pratt
3. Novi Dog Park – Commissioner Torimoto
7. MATTERS FOR COMMISSION DISCUSSION AND/OR ACTION:
A.Lakeshore Trail System Update by Commissioner Smith
B.Introduction of Recreation Supervisor Alyssa Golles
C.Commission Committee Appointments
D.Commission Chair, Vice Chair Nominations
8. STAFF REPORTS:
A. Administration Division – Director Jeff Muck
1. Park Project Updates
B. Recreation Division – Deputy Director Tracie Ringle
1. Program & Services
C. Older Adults Division – OAS Social Services Coordinator Sandy Fisher
1. Program & Services
9. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
10. COMMISSIONER COMMENTS:
12. FUTURE EVENTS:
19 Parks Commission @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
21 Child Car Seat Safety Check @ Fire Station #4 – 9 a.m.-Noon
23 City Council @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
2 CPR Class @ Fire Station #4 – 6:30-10 p.m.
5 Household Hazardous Waste Day @ Novi Civic Center – 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
5 Pinochle Tournament @ Novi Civic Center – 2 p.m.
7 City Council @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
12 Nature, Nurture, Novi @ Council Chambers – 9 a.m.-noon
12 S’mores Run @ ITC Community Sports Park – 5:30 p.m.
15 OAS Advisory Board @ Novi Civic Center – 6 p.m.
17 Parks Commission @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
19 Child Car Seat Safety Check @ Fire Station #4 – 9 a.m.-Noon
25 Library Closes at 5 p.m.
26 Household Hazardous Waste Day @ RRRASOC Materials Recovery Facility, Southfield– 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
26 Howl-o-ween and 5th Anniversary Party @ Novi Dog Park – 10 a.m.
27 Day of the Dead @ Novi Civic Center – 2 p.m.
27 Halloween Skate @ Novi Ice Arena – 3 p.m.
28 City Council @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
31 OAS Halloween Luncheon @ Meadowbrook Activity Center – Noon-2 p.m.
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department 248.347.0400 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations.