PARKS, RECREATION & CULTURAL SERVICES COMMISSION AGENDA
CITY OF NOVI
Thursday, June 20, 2019 – 7 P.M.
Council Chambers | Novi Civic Center |45175 Ten Mile Road
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
2. ROLL CALL: Commissioners Dooley, Thomopoulos, Joshi, Muzzin, Pratt, Staab, Torimoto, Student Representatives Alex Fortsch, Ananya Kamalesh
3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
4. CITIZEN COMMENTS: In order to hear all citizen comments at a reasonable hour, the City Council requests that speakers respect the three-minute time limit. This is not a question-answer session. However, it is an opportunity to voice your thoughts with City Council. Speakers wishing to display visual materials through the City’s audiovisual system must provide the materials to the PRCS Office no later than 12:00 p.m. noon the day of the meeting. The materials cannot be changed before the meeting.
5. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
A. Approval of May 2019 minutes
6. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
A. Walkable Novi – Commissioners Thomopoulos & Muzzin
B. Novi Park Foundation – Commissioners Staab & Torimoto
C. Grants Committee – Commissioners Dooley & Joshi
D. Parks Updates
1. Lakeshore Park – Commissioner Joshi
2. Power Park – Commissioner Staab
3. Wildlife Woods Park – Commissioner Pratt (May)
4. Rotary Park – Commissioner Thomopoulos/Student Rep. Fortsch (May)
5. ITC Community Sports Park – Commissioner Dooley (Apr.)
6. Village Wood Lake Park – Commissioner Pratt (Feb.)
7. MATTERS FOR COMMISSION DISCUSSION AND/OR ACTION: NRPA Parks Matrix Comparison
8. STAFF REPORTS:
A. Administration Division – Director Jeff Muck
1. Park Project Updates
B. Recreation Division – Deputy Director Tracie Ringle
1. Program & Services
C. Older Adults Division – Older Adult Services Manager Derek Stogner
1. Program & Services
9. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
10. COMMISSIONER COMMENTS:
12. FUTURE EVENTS:
20 Parks Commission @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
21 Sizzling Summer Nights (Movie: Mary Poppins Returns) @ Fuerst Park – 7 p.m.
22 The Great Campout @ Wildlife Woods – 3 p.m.
26 Sizzling Summer (Magician Tom Plunkard) @ Fuerst Park – 10:30 a.m.
27 OAS “Red, White and You” Fourth of July Luncheon @ Meadowbrook Activity Center – Noon-2 p.m.
4 City Offices, Meadowbrook, Library Closed (Memorial Day)
8 City Council @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
10 Sizzling Summer (The Music Lady Beverly Meyer) @ Pavilion Shore Park – 10:30 a.m.
12 Sizzling Summer Nights (Movie: Incredibles 2) @ Fuerst Park – 7 p.m.
13 Classic Car Show @ Novi Public Library – 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
14 Sensory Sundays for Children @ Novi Public Library – 10:30 a.m.
17 Sizzling Summer (Polynesian Dancers of Michigan) @ Pavilion Shore Park – 10:30 a.m.
17 Older Adults Advisory Board @ Novi Civic Center – 6:30 p.m.
17 Oakland County Adaptive Dance @ Civic Center – 6:30 p.m.
18 Parks Commission @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
20 Child Car Seat Safety Check @ Fire Station #4 – 9 a.m.-Noon
20 Household Hazardous Waste Day @ Wixom Department of Public Works – 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
22 City Council @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
24 Sizzling Summer (Musician Guy Louis) @ Pavilion Shore Park – 10:30 a.m.
24 Cultural Arts Advisory Board @ Novi Civic Center – 6:30 p.m.
31 Sizzling Summer (Animal Magic) @ Pavilion Shore Park – 10:30 a.m.
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department 248.347.0400 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations.