|View Minutes for this meeting
OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: Brownie/Girl Scout Troop #1193
Leader: Shirley Wicker Co-Leaders: Kim Ziegler, Caroline Spencer, Shelli Burgol
Members: Abby, Andrea, Annabel, Barbara Jane, Breanna, Bridget, Brooke, Emily, Hannah, Jaymie, Kaleena, Laura, Meredith, Sarah, Veronica
ROLL CALL: Mayor Csordas, Mayor Pro Tem Landry, Council Members Capello, Gatt, Lorenzo, Nagy and Paul
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
1. Update on Formation of Novi Park Foundation
1. Community Development Block Grant (Reprogramming of additional 2004 funds)
2. Special Assessment District 171 for Woodham Drive Water Main Extension - Public Hearing No. 1
2. CITY MANAGER
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part I
1. Approval of Resolution Number 3 for the Woodham Drive Water Main Extension Special Assessment District Number 171 directing the City Assessor to create the roll for the Special Assessment District.
2. Consideration of Zoning Map Amendment 18.634 from REMAX 100 for rezoning of property in Section 16 located south of Grand River Avenue east of Beck Road from R-A (Residential Acreage) to OS-1 (Office Service). The subject property is 3.48 acres.
3. Consideration of Zoning Map Amendment 18.636, a request of Scott A. Riddle for Detroit Hummer, to rezone property located in Section 24, north of Grand River Avenue and east of Meadowbrook Road, from B-3 (General Business) to GE (Gateway East). The subject site is approximately 6.721 acres.
4. Resolution Approving Building Authority Refunding and Contract (Ice Arena Bonds).
5. Consideration of lifting from the table Council Motion 03-07-215 to reject the Singh Development Agreement (Uptown Park) as presented at the July 7, 2003 City Council meeting.
6. Appointments to Boards and Commissions.
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part II
7. Consideration of Ordinance No. 04-100.33 to amend an Ordinance, Chapter 28, "Signs," of the City of Novi Code to implement a Municipal Civil Infraction Penalty. Second Reading
8 Consideration of Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment 18.187 to amend the City of Novi Zoning Ordinance, of Ordinance 97-18, as amended, for the purpose of amending Article 38 to implement a Municipal Civil Infraction Penalty for violation of the Zoning Ordinance, and Article 2 to provide additional definitions. Second Reading
9. Consideration of Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment 18.186 to amend the City of Novi Zoning Ordinance, Section 2507.3, of Ordinance No. 97-18, as amended, in order to amend the Ordinance relating to the off-street loading and unloading standards in any I (Industrial) District, Expo (Exposition) District, or Exo (Exposition Overlay) District abutting Residential Districts within the City Of Novi. Second Reading
10. Approval to award the Construction Administrative and Inspection Services contract for the Taft Road Water Main Extension Phase 2 to JCK & Associates, Inc. in the not-to-exceed amount of $42,465.
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
1. Class III District Court Preliminary Report Mayor Csordas
2. Reconsideration of speed limit on Beck Road between Nine and Ten Mile Roads - Mayor Csordas
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerks Office)
A.Approve Minutes of:
B. Schedule Executive Session immediately following the regular meeting of February 23, 2004 in the Council Annex for the purposes of discussing and considering material exempt from disclosure by state statute, specifically being privileged and confidential legal opinions from the City Attorney relative to 1) Legal issues and alternative actions in connection with the streets/access for the Cheltenham Estates and Wilshire Abbey Subdivisions; and 2) Interpretation of the Consent Judgment and Settlement Agreement in Sandstone v. City of Novi relative to development of the property.
C. Approval of request from the developer of Walden Woods II Subdivision for a variance to Sec. 11-123(c)(7) of the City of Novi Design & Construction Standards to allow a greater than 1:4 side slope on one side of the existing retention basin on Cheyenne Drive.
D. Approval of Traffic Control Orders:
E. Approval of renewal of Massage Business License requested by The Sports Club of Novi, 42500 Arena Drive.
F. Approval of renewal of Massage Business License requested by Salone Nadwa & Day Spa, 43236 Eleven Mile Road.
G. Approval of renewal of Pawnbroker and Precious Items Dealer Licenses requested by Weinstein Jewelers, 41990 Grand River.
H. Approval to award bid for Janitorial Services to Road Runr, the low bidder, in the amount of $93,660 (annually).
I. Approval to award bid for Mailing Equipment to Automated Mailing Solutions, the low bidder, in the amount of $8,920.
J. Approval to purchase two (2) in-car camera systems for new patrol vehicles #218 and #219 from Mobile Vision, in the amount of $4,630.
K. Approval of resolution to authorize the purchase of Additional Credited Service by employee.
L. Approval to seek bids for 2004 Spring Street Tree planting.
M. Approval to apply for a Tree Planting Grant, for a maximum grant award of $20,000 (Citys grant share is $32,000).
N. Adoption of Resolution authorizing participation in the Road Commission for Oakland Countys 2004 Tri-Party Program; SCATS Signalization of the Haggerty Road and Lewis Drive Intersection.
O. Approval of Storm Drainage Facility maintenance Agreement with Asbury Park Development, L. L. C. and Asbury Park Homeowners Association, Inc.
P. Resolution to authorize Budget Amendment #2004-6.
Q. Approval of Claims and Accounts Warrant No. 667
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
1 City Council Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
2 Zoning Board of Appeals Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
9 Storm Water Management & Watershed Stewardship CommitteeCivic Center 7:00 p.m.
10 Planning Commission Council Chambers 7: 30 p.m.
11 Parks, Recreation and Forestry Commission Council Chambers 7: 30 p.m.
15 City Council Council Chambers 7: 30 p.m.
17 Library Board Council Chambers 7: 00 p.m.
18 Historical Commission Civic Center 10:00 a.m.
18 Ordinance Review Committee Council Chambers 6: 00 p.m.
24 Planning Commission Council Chambers 7: 30 p.m.
April3 City Council Budget Council Chambers 9:00 a.m.
5 City Council Council Chambers 7: 30 p.m.
6 Zoning Board of Appeals Council Chambers 7: 30 p.m.
8 Parks, Recreation and Forestry Commission Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
9 Good Friday City offices closed
14 Planning Commission Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
15 Historical Commission Civic Center 10:00 a.m.
15 Ordinance Review Committee Council Chambers 6:00 p.m.
19 City Council Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
21 Library Board Council Chambers 7:00 p.m.
24 City Council Budget Council Chambers 9:00 a.m.
27 Storm Water Management & Watershed Stewardship CommitteeCivic Center 7:00 p.m.
28 Planning Commission Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the City Clerk (248) 347-0456 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations
We kindly request that you turn off all cellular phones and pagers while in the Council Chambers. Thank you.