|View Minutes for this meeeting
OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ROLL CALL: Mayor Clark, Mayor Pro Tem Bononi, Council Members Capello, Csordas, Landry, Lorenzo, Sanghvi
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
1. Tribute to Ron Watson 15th Anniversary of Motorsports Hall of Fame-Presented by Senator Cassis.
2. Veterans Committee Recognition
1. Public Hearing for Special Assessment District Number 165 Connemara Hills Limited Water Main Extension
2. CITY MANAGER
3. DEPARTMENTAL Self-Funded Health Insurance Update Tia Gronlund-Fox
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part I
1. Approval of Resolution Number 7, Special Assessment District 165, Connemara Hills Limited Water Main Extension.
2. Approval to award construction of Special Assessment District 165, Connemara Hills Limited Water Main Extension to the low bidder, Mago Construction, in the amount of $168,331.95.
3. Approval of Zoning Text Amendment 18.154, to amend the Zoning Ordinance to create the Gateway East Zoning District which is intended to encourage mixed-use development, including multiple-family residential, office, and limited commercial land uses, and to authorize use of Planned Unit Development (Special Development Option) regulations. 2nd Reading.
4. Consideration of the request from Northern Equities Group to appeal the denial of a Woodlands permit, Wetlands permit, and Stormwater Management Plan for Beck North Phase II Corporate Park, located north of West Road and west of West Park Drive.
5. Consideration of Amendment No. 2 to Maybury Park Estates RUD Agreement.
6. Consideration of Agreement for the Finance of Sanitary Sewer Improvements and Creation of Special Assessments on Properties, Special Assessment District No. 170, Maybury-Tuscany-Singh extension of Sanitary Sewer in Section 32.
7. Consideration of Ordinance No. 03-28.49, an Ordinance requiring payment of availability fees (for Special Assessment District 170). 1st Reading
8. Consideration of Zoning Map Amendment 18.629, the request of RSM Development, LLC, to rezone the subject property located in Section 16 on the south side of Twelve Mile Road and west of Taft Road, from R-A (Residential Acreage) to OST (Office Service Technology). The subject property is approximately 9.86 acres.
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part II
9. Consideration of easement agreement to construct a 24" water main on International Transmission Company property, Parcel No. 22-16-226-013, located in Section 16, in the amount of $1 and application review fee in the amount of $10,473.
10. Approval to award the contract to Waterland Trucking Service, Inc., the low bidder, for excavation, load, haul, and disposal of soil from the 5.1 acres at a cost of $11.25/ton in accordance with the Sandstone Memorandum of Understanding.
11. Approval to award the contract to Hydro-Logic Associates, Inc. for $48,500 for environmental services at the 5.1 acres to conduct sampling, data analysis, and reporting for the remediation in accordance with the Sandstone Memorandum of Understanding.
12. Discussion of the Westmont Village Repaving and Drainage alternatives.
13. Approval of Midas Purchase Agreement, Deed and Easement, cost $150,000, Parcel No. 22-15-200-018, for Special Assessment District No. 155
14. Approval of DMC Purchase Agreement, cost $149,923, Parcel No. 22-14-200-035 for the Twelve Mile Road GAP.
15. Approval of Redfern Purchase Agreement cost $211,471, Parcel No. 22-14-200-025, for the Twelve Mile Road GAP.
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
1. City Water Service Assessment and Action Plan Mayor Pro Tem Bononi
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerks Office)
A. Approve Minutes of:
B. Approval to award the landscape portion of the South Lake Court Storm Sewer Project to Gerich Landscape, low quotation, for $4,600.
C. Approval of Resolution Number 4 setting public hearing number 2 for Special Assessment District Number 168 West Lake Drive Water Main Extension.
D. Approval of Resolution Number 4 setting public hearing number 2 for Special Assessment District Number 169 West Lake Drive Road paving.
E. Approval to Participate in the Traffic Improvement Grant 2003-2004, "Drive Michigan Safely Task Force."
F. Approval to accept the first renewal of annual report, community calendar, and staff newsletter contract on the same terms and conditions as the original contract with Dearborn Lithograph in the amount of $36,812.50, with a net estimated City cost of $29,312.50.
G. Approval to accept the first renewal of the towing contract with Keford Collision on the same terms and conditions as the original contract awarded in August 2002.
H. Approval to purchase 8" hydraulic blade and extra set of rubber tracks for the new Skid Steer from Michigan Skid Loader, Inc. for $7,550, the amount of their quote.
I. Approval to purchase a concrete breaker for the new Skid Steer from Wolverine Tractor and Equipment Company for $7,900, the amount of their quote.
J. Approval of Balancing Change Order No. 3, reducing the contract award by $116,086.20 and Final Pay Estimate #8 in the amount of $14,451.50, with Thompson-McCully Company for the 2002 Neighborhood Road Rehabilitation Program Asphalt Roads.
K. Approval of Balancing Change Order No. 1 in the amount of $2,969.69 and Final Pay Estimate #4 in the amount of $13,888.63, with Angelo Iafrate Construction Company for the 2002 Neighborhood Road Rehabilitation Program Concrete Roads
L. Approval of Claims and Accounts Warrant No. 656.
1. Letter from Jim Korte Re: Charlotte Street property concern.
2. Letter from Chris Reed Re: Resignation from Zoning Board of Appeals.
3. Letter from Singh Development Re: 50 Letters supporting Town Center rezoning.
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
9 Zoning Board of Appeals 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
11 Parks, Recreation & Forestry Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
17 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
18 Historical Commission 7:30 p.m. Civic Center
18 Ordinance Review Committee 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
22 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the City Clerk (248) 347-0456 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations
We kindly request that you turn off all cellular phones and pagers while in the Council Chambers.