|View Minutes for this meeting
REGULAR MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
MONDAY, JUNE 16, 2003 AT 7:30 P.M.
COUNCIL CHAMBERS-NOVI CIVIC CENTER-45175 W. TEN MILE ROAD
A G E N D
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ROLL CALL Mayor Clark, Mayor Pro Tem Bononi, Council Members Capello,
Csordas, Landry, Lorenzo
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
1. Appreciation Plaque Alan Rothenberg, Historical Commission
2. CITY MANAGER
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION PART I
1. Approval of request from West Lake Drive residents for a variance to
maintain two-way traffic in conjunction with Special Assessment District
169-West Lake Drive Road Paving.
2. Approval of Resolution Number 3 - Special Assessment District 168 West
Water Main Extension.
3. Approval of Resolution Number 3 - Special Assessment District 169 West
4. Approval to award the contract for the I-96 (west of Novi Road) Sanitary
replacement and Pumping Station Project to Sunset Excavating, Inc., the low
bidder, in the amount of $290,227.50.
5. Award of Professional Services Study to Birchler-Arroyo for a
not-to-exceed amount of $19,000 for Thoroughfare Plan Update to the Master
Plan (also an element of the Growth Management Plan).
BREAK AT 9:30 P.M.
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION PART II
6. Appointments to Commissions.
7. Appointments to the Walled Lake Ad Hoc Committee.
8. Approval of Storm Drainage Facility Maintenance Agreement with Ridgeview
Centre, LLC , southeast corner of Thirteen Mile Road and Cabot Drive, for
the perpetual maintenance of storm drainage facilities located on their
9. Consideration of request from Henderson Glass located at 24300 Novi Road,
to be granted a waiver from the new Storm Water Ordinance requirements.
10. Consideration of filling the weigh master position with a sworn Police
11. Consideration of proposal received from URS Michigan relative to the
investigation of the Westmont Village roads (Phase I not to exceed $15,000).
12. Approval of woodlands permit and land improvement permit for Sandstone
13. Approval of proposal from the Michigan Municipal League Liability and
Property Pool for property and liability insurance, with an annual premium
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION (Consent Agenda items, which have
been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
1. Town Center Signage Mayor Pro Tem Bononi
2. Novi High School waiver of woodland permit and other fees with regard to
owned property by City Managers Office Member Lorenzo
3. CSX Railroad crossings on Nine Mile between Novi Road and Taft Road and
on Novi Road south of Grand River. Member Csordas
CONSENT AGENDA (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available
for review at the City Clerks Office)
A. Approval of Minutes of June 2, 2003, Regular meeting
B. Approval of Revised Special Assessment District 162 Pioneer Meadows
Sanitary Sewer Extension Revised Resolution Number 6, directing the Clerk to
give notice of Public Hearing Number 3, to be held July 7, 2003, on the
C. Approval of Revised Special Assessment District 163 Pioneer Meadows
Subdivision Water Main Extension Revised Resolution Number 6, directing the
Clerk to give notice of Public Hearing Number 3, to be held July 7, 2003, on
the Assessment Roll.
D. Approval of renewal of Taxi Cab Company license with three (3) cabs for
ABC Cab Company, 12853 Levan, Livonia, MI 48150.
E. Authorize the Police Department to apply for and accept, if applicable,
Target Corporation Law Enforcement Grant.
F. Approval of Ordinance No. 03-28.48, to amend Subsections 34-429, 34-419
and 34-435 of the Novi Code of Ordinances, to revise the requirements for
Sanitary Sewer Connection Charges (Amendments to Special Assessment
Districts 83, 94 and 97). 2nd Reading
G. Approval of Ordinance No. 03-37.30 to amend Subsections 34-99(a) and
34-111 of the Novi Code of Ordinances, to revise the requirements for Water
Main Connection Charges (Amendments to Special Assessment Districts 93 and
98). 2nd Reading
H. Approval of Resolution of Authorization for Electronic Transactions.
I. Acceptance of Harbor Cove Condominiums Water Main Easement.
J. Approval to award bid for demolition of two residential structures at
46481 & 46489 Grand River to W.L. Myers Construction, the low qualified
bidder, in the amount of $26,435.
K. Approval to award bid for miscellaneous concrete repairs to Centro
Construction, Inc., the low bidder, based on unit pricing.
L. Approval of Resolution to authorize the final Budget Amendment # 2003-7.
M. Approval of claims and accounts Warrant No. 651.
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council meetings are held in the Council
Chambers unless otherwise noted.
19 Ordinance Review 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
19 Historical Commission 7:30 Civic Center
25 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
4 - City Offices closed Independence Day
7 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
8 Zoning Board of Appeals 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
10 Parks, Recreation & Forestry Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
14 Library Board 7:00 p.m. Library
16 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
17 Ordinance Review Committee 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
17 Historical Commission 7:30 p.m. Civic Center
21 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
30 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective
participation in this meeting should contact the City Clerk (248) 347-0456
at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made
to make reasonable accommodation.
We kindly request that you please turn off all cellular phones and pagers
while in the Council Chambers. Thank you.