|View Minutes for this meeting
OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: Brownie Troop #664 Leader: Kim Lau
ROLL CALL: Mayor Clark, Mayor Pro Tem Bononi, Council Members Capello, Csordas, Landry, Lorenzo, Sanghvi
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
Community Sports Park Randy Auler, Parks, Recreation & Forestry Director
Terry Croad, McKenna Associates, Inc.
1. CITY MANAGER Selection of dates for 2003-2004 Budget Work Sessions.
2. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part I
1. Further discussion of request to the Road Commission for Oakland County to close Clark Street at Grand River and related Traffic Control alternatives for Lannys Road.
2. Approval of Ordinance No. 03-125.14 an Ordinance to amend Chapter 37, Section 37-8 of the City of Novi Ordinance Code, for the purpose of authorizing an alternate compliance plan relating to tree replacement. 2nd Reading
3. Consideration of Revised SAD Resolution Number 1, Authorizing the preparation of preliminary plans and preliminary estimates of the construction costs; Consideration of Revised SAD Resolution Number 2, setting Public Hearing Number 1 for Monday April 7, 2003; Revised Pioneer Meadows Subdivision SAD 162 Sanitary Sewer.
4. Consideration of Revised SAD Resolution Number 1, Authorizing the preparation of preliminary plans and preliminary estimates of the construction costs; Consideration of Revised SAD Resolution Number 2, setting Public Hearing Number 1 for Monday April 7, 2003; Revised Pioneer Meadows Subdivision SAD 163 Water Main.
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part II
5. Consideration of request from Post Six, Inc. to transfer ownership of 2002 Class C licensed business with Dance Permit located in escrow at 42875 Grand River, Unit 1, Novi MI 48375, Oakland County from Novi Mideastern Cuisine, L.L.C. and request a new Entertainment Permit.
6. Consideration of the request from Arnold Serlin for Final Plat Approval for Bristol Corners North, SP 01-29.
7. Consideration of the request from Arnold Serlin for Final Plat Approval for Bristol Corners South, SP 01-30.
8. Approval of License Agreement with Bristol Corners Homeowners Association for the placement of an entryway sign in the median island of Bristol Circle.
9. Consideration of the request of Singh of Churchill Crossing for Final Plat approval for Churchill Crossing #2, SP 00-14.
10. Consideration of Agreement to implement Council action to amend the Island Lake Residential Unit Development (RUD) Agreement, Site Plan Number 02-48, for a Second Amendment to the original Agreement to add a 5-acre parcel and revise the street layout for Phases 4 and 5 of the original RUD.
11. Consideration of request from Toll Brothers to amend the Island Lake Residential Unit Development (RUD) Agreement, Site Plan Number 99-58. The applicant is proposing to amend the Phasing Plan from the previously approved RUD.
12. Consideration of Zoning Text Amendment 18.174 to amend Ordinance No. 97-18, as amended, the City of Novi Zoning Ordinance, Appendix A of the City of Novi Code of Ordinances, to create Section 2514, "Additional road design, building setback, and parking setback requirements for One-Family Clustering Option, Two-Family uses, Multiple-Family uses, and certain non-residential uses and developments," and to amend Section 2403, "One-Family Clustering Option," and to amend Section 2400 Schedule of Regulations, for related purposes.
13. Approval of Resolution requesting participation in the RCOC 2003 Tri-Party Program; Grand River Avenue Bridge Project.
14. Approval of Cost Participation Agreements with the Road Commission for Oakland County for Grand River Avenue Bridge over CSX Railroad tracks.
15. Approval of the Parks, Recreation and Forestry Commissions request to re-program $49,345 for improvements at Community Sports Park.
16. Approval of Resolution to authorize the third quarter Budget Amendment #2003-3.
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
1. Schedule joint meeting of City Council and Planning Commission Member Landry.
2. Westmont Village Subdivision Pavement and Storm Water Issues resolution plan Mayor Pro Tem Bononi.
3. Walton Woods #1 drainage/wetlands issues Mayor Pro Tem Bononi.
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerks Office)
A. Approve Minutes of:
B. Approve renewal of Pawnbroker License and Precious Items Dealer License for Weinstein Jewelry, 41990 Grand River Ave.
C. Approval to purchase one (1) cable and pipe locator from Gregware Equipment Company, the low quotation, in the amount of $4,028.
D. Approval to apply for and accept, if applicable, the Bullet Proof Vest Partnership Grant from the Bureau of Justice Assistance for the 2003 Grant period.
E. Approval to award bid for softballs to Burkes Sports Haven, the low bidder, in the amount of $4,010.60.
G. Approval to vacate a portion of the Citys storm sewer easement along Trans-X Drive Main Street Village - Phase 2.
H. Approval of Claims and Accounts Warrant No 645.
1. Letter from Greg and Denise Bator Re: Closure of Clark Street.
2. Letter from Kathleen Nicholson Re: Permanent Closure of Clark Street.
3. Letter from Scott and Kellie Hallaron Re: Violation of Woodland and Wetland Ordinances.
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
20 Ordinance Review Committee 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
26 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
29 Special Meeting - City Council - 8:30 a.m. Council Chambers
1 Zoning Board of Appeals 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
7 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
10 Parks, Recreation & Forestry Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
14 Library Board 7:00 p.m. Novi Public Library
16 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
17 Ordinance Review Committee 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
18 CITY OFFICES CLOSED GOOD FRIDAY
21 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
30 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the City Clerk (248) 347-0456 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations