|View Minutes for this meeting
OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ROLL CALL: Mayor Clark, Mayor Pro Tem Bononi, Council Members Capello, Csordas, Landry, Lorenzo, Sanghvi
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
1. CITY MANAGER
2. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part I
1. Consideration of Zoning Map Amendment 18.621, request from Brightmoor Christian Church, to rezone property located in Section 1, north of Thirteen Mile Road and west of M-5, from RA (Residential Acreage) to RM-1 (Low Density, Low Rise Multiple Family) or any other appropriate zoning. The subject property is 62.5 acres.
2. Appointments to Boards and Commissions.
3. Consideration of 2-year Professional Services Agreement with Ayres, Lewis, Norris and May for Civil Engineering Services.
4. Approval of Ordinance No. 03-125.14 an Ordinance to amend Chapter 37, Section 37-8 of the City of Novi Ordinance Code, for the purpose of encouraging the joint use of recreational facilities by adding a new provision relating to tree replacement. 1st Reading
5. Consideration of request to Road Commission for Oakland County to close Clark Street at Grand River Avenue to through vehicular traffic.
6. Consideration of Traffic Signal Permit fee, in the amount of $75,000, to the Road Commission for Oakland County for signal improvements at Grand River Avenue and Taft Road.
7. Consideration of citizen feedback and information for design decisions to complete South Lake Drive Reconstruction.
8. Discussion of Growth Management Plan deliverables.
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part II
9. Approval of Ordinance 03-108.04 amending Sec. 5-9 "Limit on Number of Dogs" to eliminate duplication of regulations. 2nd Reading & Adoption
10. Approval of Ordinance 03-156.02, an Ordinance to amend Chapter 2, Article V, Division 3, Sections 2-193.2, 2-193.3 and 2-193.5, 2-193.6, of the Novi Code of Ordinances to provide for eligibility standards using the Federal Poverty Guidelines, and additional sources of income and factors, for the granting of poverty exemptions from real property taxation by the Board of Review. 2nd Reading & Adoption
11. Consideration of vacation of existing Storm Sewer Easement at Main Street Village #2.
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action).
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerks Office).
A. Approval to renew Massage Business License for The Sports Club of Novi, 42500 Arena Drive.
B. Approval to renew Arcade License for Vans Skate Park, 44275 Twelve Mile Road.
C. Approval to award low qualified bids for weed cutting, mowing and landscaping to Gerich Landscape, Alternate A, $5,420 per request; D & J Lawn and Snow Service, Alternate B-F and H, $12,142 per request; and Rasins Landscape & Associates, Inc., Alternate G (irrigation) $1,890 annually.
D. Approval of Final Pay Estimate #8 for Special Assessment District #155 Wetland Mitigation Areas I & J to PLC Development / Waterland Trucking Service, in the amount of $44,788.40.
E. Approval of Claims and Accounts Warrant No 644.
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
4 Zoning Board of Appeals 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
8 - Special Council Meeting 9:00 a.m.
10 Library Board 7:00 p.m. Novi Public Library
12 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
13 Parks, Recreation and Forestry Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
17 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
20 Ordinance Review Committee 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
26 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
1 Zoning Board of Appeals 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
7 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
10 Parks, Recreation & Forestry Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
14 Library Board 7:00 p.m. Novi Public Library
16 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
17 Ordinance Review Committee 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
18 CITY OFFICES CLOSED GOOD FRIDAY
21 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
30 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the City Clerk (248) 347-0456 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations.