|View Minutes for this meeting
OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE Cub Scout Pack #240
Leader: Nancy Kaindall
Members: Eddie Coury, Ben Diaz, Kevin Fritzges, Cole Irvine, Ryan Jok, Matthew Kaindl, John Kern, Thomas Symanski, Mark Wagner
ROLL CALL Mayor Clark, Mayor Pro Tem Bononi, Council Members Capello, Csordas, DeRoche, Landry, Lorenzo
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
COMMITTEE REPORTS - Time Warner Franchise Transfer Request South West Oakland
Cable Commission (SWOCC) Member Csordas
Community Service Appreciation Plaque Dennis Colligan-Parks, Recreation &
1. Special Assessment District No.162 Pioneer Meadows Subdivision Sanitary Sewer
2. Special Assessment District No.163 Pioneer Meadows Subdivision Water Main
CITY MANAGER - City Council Goals Discussion:
8:30 a.m. - Noon, Saturday, November 16, 2002
ATTORNEY - Options for filling City Council vacancy
(requested by Member Csordas)
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part I
1. Consideration of Special Assessment District No. 159 Lake Wall John Hawthorns Subdivisions 1 & 2 and Supervisors Plat Number 2, Water Main.
2. Consideration of Special Assessment District No. 160 Lake Wall John Hawthorns Subdivisions 1 & 2 and Supervisors Plant Number 2, Road Paving.
3. Consideration of SAD Resolution Number 5, directing the City Assessor to prepare an Assessment Roll; Sierra Drive (Pioneer Meadows Subdivision) Sanitary Sewer SAD 162.
4. Consideration of SAD Resolution Number 5, directing the City Assessor to prepare an Assessment Roll; Sierra Drive (Pioneer Meadows Subdivision) Water Main SAD 163.
5. Approval to submit the Program Year 2003 Community Development Block Grant Fund Application.
6. Consideration of options for hiring one to three (1-3) additional Police Officers.
7. Approval of Recreation Facilities Agreement between Novi Community School District and the City of Novi for 49.37 acres of land.
8. Consideration of Zoning Text Amendment 18.174 to amend Article 24, Section 2405, of the City of Novi Ordinance No. 97-18, as amended, the City of Novi Zoning Ordinance, relating to open space preservation, in order to encourage the long-term preservation of open space and natural features and the provision of recreation and open space areas in accordance with P.A. 179 of 2001. First Reading.
9. Consideration of request from Blair Bowman of TBON LLC, for Preliminary Site Plan approval on Site Plan Number 02-25, Wetland Permit approval and for an appeal of the Planning Commissions denial of a Woodland Permit for the Novi Expo Center. The subject property is located in Section 16, north of Grand River Avenue and west of Taft Road. The developer proposes an exposition convention and conference center in the EXO (Overlay) District. The subject property is 54.82 acres.
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part II
10. Consideration of request from Toll Brothers to amend the Island Lake Residential Unit Development (RUD) Agreement Site Plan Number 99-58. The proposed changes include:
1) An additional 5-acre parcel along Wixom Road to be incorporated into
Phase 3 of the overall development;
2) A modification to permit single-family attached cluster homes in Phase
4B in the southeast corner of the overall development;
3) Revisions to the street layout in Phases 4 & 5 including relocating stub
street connections to the east and west of the Ten Mile Road entrance.
The subject properties are located in Sections 18, 19, and 20, north of Ten Mile Road, between Napier and Wixom Roads. The subject property is approximately 907 acres.
11. Approval of Resolution authorizing execution of Agreement with Michigan Department of Transportation for Nine Mile Road Non-Motorized Pathway Grant, in the amount of $128,000.
12. Approval to award the Nine Mile Road Pathway Project to the low bidder, Jackson Contracting, in the amount of $249,201.14.
13. Annual salary increase for City Clerk and City Manager.
14. 2003 Schedule of City Council Meetings.
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
1. Bradford of Novi III Member Lorenzo
2. Band Shell Mayor Clark
CONSENT AGENDA (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerks Office)
A. Approve Minutes of:
B. Approval to award bid for design and printing of the Parks, Recreation, and Forestry Guide to Dearborn Lithograph, Inc., the low bidder, in the amount of $25,251.
C. Approval to award proposal for security chain fencing for the DPW facility to Northern Fence Company, the low bidder, in the amount of $30,900.
D. Approval to award proposal for Telecommunications Analysis to Plante & Moran, the low bidder, in the amount of $8,000.
E. Approval to award bid for replacement dump truck bodies to C.E. Pollard Company, the low bidder, in the amount of $9,428.75.
F. Approval of Traffic Control Order 02-21 to install 3-way stop signs at the intersection of Laramie at Cheyenne and Traffic Control Order 02-25 rescinding Traffic Control Order 98-08, allowing removal of the yield sign currently located on Cheyenne at Laramie in the Walden Woods II Subdivision.
G. Approval of Claims and Accounts Warrant No. 635 and Warrant No. 636.
1. Letter from Sarah Gray (Housing and Community Development Advisory Committee member) Re: Recommendation for 2003 Community Development Block Grant funds.
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
14 Parks, Recreation & Forestry Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
16 City Council 8:30 am Council Chambers
20 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
21 Ordinance Review Committee 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
21 Historical Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
25 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
28 Thanksgiving Day City Offices Closed
29 - City Offices Closed
2 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
3 Zoning Board of Appeals 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
4 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
9 Library Board 7:00 p.m. Library
9 Special Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
10 Storm Water Mgmt. & Watershed Stewardship- 7:00 p.m. Novi Civic Center
12 Parks & Recreation Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
16 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
18 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
19 Ordinance Review Committee 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
19 Historical Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
24 City Offices Closed
25 City Offices Closed
31 City Offices Closed
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the City Clerk (248) 347-0456 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations