|View Minutes for this meeting
REGULAR MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ROLL CALL Mayor Clark, Mayor Pro Tem Bononi, Council Members Capello, Csordas, DeRoche, Landry, Lorenzo
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
FALL FOR NOVI, MAJOR CONTRIBUTOR RECOGNITION
Marty Feldman Chevrolet
Novi Expo Center
Gerich Landscape Inc.
Suggested dates for discussion of Short-term and Long-term Goals
Dave Maurice, GIS/Environmental Services Manager,
Mark Zayatz, Hydrologic, Inc.
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION PART I
1. Consideration of request from Claudio Rossi of Mirage Development for tentative Preliminary Plat and Wetlands Permit approvals on Orchard Hills West Subdivision. The subject property is located in Section 26, south of Ten Mile Road and west of Meadowbrook Road. The developer is proposing a 42 lot single-family subdivision in the R-4 (One Family Residential) District.
2. Consideration of resolution to realign Ludlow, an unpaved roadway that is being re-located as part of the North Haven Woods Subdivision.
3. Consideration of request from Claudio Rossi of Mirage Development for Final Plat approval on North Haven Woods Subdivision. The subject property is located in Section 3, on the east side of West Park Drive and south of Pontiac Trail. The developer is proposing a 44 lot subdivision in the R-4 (One Family Residential) District.
4. Consideration of request from Claudio Rossi of Mirage Development for acceptance of the Conservation Easement for North Haven Woods Subdivision. The subject property is located in Section 3,on the east side of West Park Drive and south of Pontiac Trail. The developer is proposing a 44 lot subdivision in the R-4 (One Family Residential) District.
5. Consideration of request from A.K.E.G., Inc. to transfer ownership of 1998 12 months Resort Class C SDM licensed business issued under MCL 436.1531(2) with Dance Permit, located in escrow at 3171 Round Lake, Manitou Beach, MI 49253, Rollin Township, Lenawee County from Sassys of Manitou, Inc.; transfer location (governmental unit) to 40380 Grand River (formerly Billys-on-the River),Novi, MI 48375, Oakland County; and request a new entertainment permit.
6. Consideration of Water Service Agreement for temporary Service Line Connection, Glenn E. Schenimann, 26029 Whipple Street.
BREAK AT 9:30 P.M
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION PART II
7. Approval of Resolution authorizing the First Quarter Budget Amendment
8. Approval of Bond Authorizing Resolution General Obligation Street and Refunding Bonds, Series 2002 (Unlimited Tax), in an amount not to exceed $33,395,000.
9. Approval of Bond Authorizing Resolution 2002 Michigan Transportation Fund Refunding Bonds, in an amount not to exceed $2,400,000.
10. Consideration of resolution vacating a portion of Tributary C of the Novi-Lyon Drain and accepting the storm drainage easement from Toll Brothers, Inc. for property within their Island Lake RUD.
11. Approval of a Conservation Easement between the City of Novi and Geological and Land Management Division of the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality over a portion of the wetlands that were created in Section 4; parcel No. 22-04-476-002 to mitigate the wetlands impacted by the forthcoming Grand River Avenue: Beck Road to CSX Bridge construction.
12. Consideration of Ordinance 02-23.21 amending Section 22-46 to provide a
specific offence for domestic violence assault and battery 1st Reading
13. Consideration of Ordinance 02-23.22 amending Section 22-50 to allow police officers to arrest an individual in a dating relationship for domestic assault and battery 1st Reading
14. Approval of a permanent storm drainage easement for $1,700 and a temporary construction easement for $850 from Lacerne Dixon, Inc. for a total of $2,550 Grand River: Beck Road to CXS Bridge.
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
CONSENT AGENDA (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerks Office)
A. Approval of minutes of September 23, 2002, Regular City Council meeting.
B. Approval to schedule executive session in the Council Annex immediately following the meeting of October 7, 2002 to discuss pending litigation.
C. Approval to schedule Public Hearing for October 21, 2002 on the proposed 2003 Community Development Block Grant application as recommended by the Housing and Community Development Advisory Committee.
D. Approval of a permanent underground easement from the City of Novi to Detroit Edison for the Fire Station #4 Project: Parcel No. 22-29-101-003.
E. Approval to renew Mercy Services for the Aging Nutrition space committal/
F. Approval to award bid for Service Recognition Pins to O.C. Tanner, the low bidder, in the amount of $5,293.32.
G. Approval of claims and accounts on Warrant No. 633.
SCHEDULED MEETINGS All Regular Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
10 Parks, Recreation & Forestry Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
14 Library Board 7:00 p.m. Library
16 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
17 Ordinance Review Committee 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
21 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
22 Storm Water Mgmt. & Watershed Stewardship Committee-7:00pm - Council Chambers
30 Joint City Council/Planning Commission 7:00 p.m. Council Chambers
4 Zoning Board of Appeals 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
5 Election Day
6 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
11 Veterans Day City Offices Closed
12 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
14 Parks, Recreation & Forestry Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
20 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
21 Ordinance Review Committee 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
21 Historical Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
25 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
28 Thanksgiving Day City Offices Closed
29 - City Offices Closed
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the City Clerk (248) 347-0456 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations