|View Minutes for this meeting
OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ROLL CALL: Mayor Clark, Mayor Pro Tem Bononi, Council Members Capello, Csordas, DeRoche, Landry, Lorenzo
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
1. Recognition of Memorial Day Parade Committee Members
2. Recognition of River Day Volunteers
1. CITY MANAGER
2. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part I
1. Approve/deny request from Chuck E. Cheeses for a City Quota Tavern License
to be located at 44275 Twelve Mile Road
2. Approve/deny request from Chuck E. Cheeses for an Arcade License to be
located at 44275 Twelve Mile Road
3. Approve/deny request from Skin & Tin Shows, LLC, for an Outdoor Gathering
Permit on June 29-30, 2002 at the Wyndham Hotel, 42100 Crescent Boulevard
for a Custom Car Show.
4. Request from Planning Commission to postpone scheduling the joint meeting
with City Council until after the Planning Commission appointments.
5. Acceptance of Summerlin of Novi SP 01-11 Woodland and Open Space
Conservation Easement, located on the east side of West Park Drive and south
of Pontiac Trail.
6. Appointments to Boards and Commissions.
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part II
7. Approval of Bid Award for the 2002 Neighborhood Paving Improvements Program to the
Angelo Iafrate Company in the amount of $277,772.65, low responsive bidder for
concrete work, and to Thompson-McCully in the amount of $789,799.20, low responsive
bidder for asphalt work.
8. Approval of Amended Resolutions No. 5 & 6 to set the Public Hearing for July 1, 2002
Special Assessment District (SAD) No. 152 Shawood Walled Lake Heights Water Main.
9. Approval of Amended Resolutions No. 5 & 6 to set the Public Hearing for July 1, 2002
Special Assessment District (SAD) No. 154 Shawood Walled Lake Heights Sanitary
10. Consideration to refer Landscape Revisions of Zoning Ordinance Section 2509 as
reviewed by Ordinance Review Committee to Planning Commission for a public hearing
11. Approval of right-of-way acquisitions and grading easements for road and utility
improvements - Grand River: Beck Road to CSX Bridge
12. Award bid for Aggregate Materials to Merlyn Contractors Inc., R & E Trucking, Inc.,
Great Lakes Sand, Company, Hayball Transport, Inc. and Osborne Industries, Inc.,
the low bidders, in the amount of $384,730.
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerks Office)
A. Approve Minutes of:
B. Schedule Executive Session immediately following the regular Council meeting of June 17, 2002 in the Council Annex for the purpose of discussing pending litigation.
C. Award bid for Township Hall / Fuerst Farm House painting to Gregs Professional Painting, the low bidder, in the amount of $9,630.
D. Award bid for Dust Control Products to South Huron Industrial, Inc., the low bidder, based on unit pricing.
E. Approval of Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment 18.170 from Singh Development to amend Ordinance No. 97-18, as amended, the City of Novi Zoning Ordinance, Footnote (u), of the schedule of regulations contained within Section 2400 of said ordinance, relating to height requirements in an OST District; and to amend Subpart 2509.6(g), relating to berms, in order to clarify the Planning Commissions authority to waive required berms when adjacent to residential districts under certain circumstances.- 2nd Reading & Adoption.
F. Adoption of Resolution No. 2 for Birchwoods Subdivision and Delmont Drive, Water Main Extension setting Public Hearing No. 1 for Monday, July 15, 2002, Special Assessment District (SAD) 164.
G. Approval of Claims and Accounts Warrant No.624
1. Letter from Martin J. Leavitt Re: Action of City Council on June 3, 2002
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
18 Stormwater Mgmt. & Watershed Stewardship Committee 7:00 p.m.-Civic Center
19 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
20 Ordinance Review Committee 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
20 Special Council Meeting 7:00 p.m. Council Chambers
20 Historical Commission 7:30 p.m. Civic Center
1 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
4 Independence Day Observed Offices Closed
8 Library Board Meeting 7:00 p.m. Library
9 Zoning Board of Appeals 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
10 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
11 Parks, Recreation and Forestry Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
15 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
18 Ordinance Review Committee 6:00 p.m. Civic Center
18 Historical Commission 7:30 p.m. Civic Center
23 Stormwater Mgmt. and Watershed Stewardship Committee 7:00 p.m. Civic Center
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the City Clerk (248) 347-0456 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations.