|View Minutes for this meeting
OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: 5 & 6 Year Old Daisy Girl Scouts
Leader: Kim Lau
Members: Chelsea Lau, Clare Backus, Erica Moncrief,
Cristina Kenney, Stephanie Mustonen, Shelby Pliska,
Donna Lee Kert
ROLL CALL: Mayor Clark, Mayor Pro Tem Bononi, Council Members Capello, Csordas, DeRoche, Landry, Lorenzo
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
Presentation of Community Service Appreciation plaques to former members of:
1. Beautification Commission Barbara Kientz, Gretchen Pugsley
2. Board of Review Katherine Cosentino
3. Construction Board of Appeals William Briggs and Charles Bunge
4. Historical Commission Linda Krieger
5. Housing & Community Development Advisory Committee Timothy Shroyer
1.. Consideration of Proposed Consent Judgment between the City of Novi and Carlton Properties (Special Assessment District #155).
1. CITY MANAGER - Introduction of Sheryl Walsh Community Relations Manager
2. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part I
1. Request for City of Novi Quota Class C Liquor License from Jakes Fish House to be located at 47690 Grand River (Westmarket Square), subject to final building inspection.
2. Approve Outdoor Gathering Permit at On the Border, 21091 Haggerty Road, May 4 and 5, 2002 (Cinco de Mayo).
3. Approve Storm Water Management Ordinance - An ordinance to prevent water quality degradation, flooding, and drainage problems resulting from storm water runoff; reduce soil erosion during and after site development; identify requirements for storm water management; provide for long-term maintenance of storm water systems; identify requirements and prohibitions relative to discharge to and use of storm water systems; and to protect the health, safety and general welfare of the City of Novi residents 1st Reading.
4. Approval of Take over Agreement with Liberty Mutual Bonding Company for the completion of park improvements project construction.
4. Award Engineering Services Contract for the 2002 Neighborhood Roadway Rehabilitation Program to JCK & Associates in the amount of $116,740.
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part II
6. Approve/Deny VANS SKATE PARK SP01-56 Request from Albert Haddad for City Council approval of Preliminary Site Plan and Special Land Use Permit located in Section 15 in the Fountain Walk Development at Twelve Mile Road and Donelson Drive in the RC (Regional Center) Zoning District.
7. Consideration of Approving Proposed Consent Judgment between the City of Novi and Carlton Properties (Special Assessment District #155).
8. Policy discussion regarding zoning district status and building addition requirements for Marty Feldman Chevrolet.
9. Consideration of Change Order #1 for Ten Mile Intersection Work for Cost Reduction and Design Improvements.
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerks Office)
A. Approve Minutes of:
B. Schedule an Executive Session immediately following the regular meeting of April 15, 2002 in the Council annex for the purpose of discussing pending litigation.
C. Award bid for softballs to ISA Sports, the low bidder, in the amount of $5,665.92.
D. Approval to purchase 25 sets of turn-out gear from Apollo Fire Equipment, the low bidder, in the amount of $27,375 through the Tri-County Purchasing Cooperative.
E. Approval of Traffic Control Orders 02-03 through 02-06 for permanent installation of traffic control signage in Turtle Creek Subdivision.
F. Approval of Traffic Control Order No. 02-07 for installation of Traffic Control signage on 9 Mile Road between Beck Road and Napier Road to prohibit this portion of 9 Mile from being used as a through-route by commercially-rated trucks.
G. Approve Claims and Accounts Warrant No. 620
1. Letter from George Krieger Re: Library Board.
2. Letter from David Ingmire, Re: Complaints to City departments
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
17 City Council Budget Work Session 7:00 p.m. Council Chambers
17 Planning Commission Work Study Session 7:30 p.m. Event Corridor of Parks,
Recreation & Forestry
18 Ordinance Review Committee 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
18 Historical Commission 7:30 p.m. Civic Center
20 City Council Budget Work Session 9:00 a.m. Council Chambers
22 City Council Budget Work Session 7:00 p.m. (if necessary) Council Chambers
23 Stormwater Mgmt. and Watershed Stewardship Committee, 7:00 p.m. Civic Center
1 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
6 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
7 Zoning Board of Appeals 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
9 Parks, Recreation & Forestry Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
13 Library Board Meeting 7:00 p.m. Library
15 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
16 Ordinance Review Committee 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
16 Historical Commission 7:30 p.m. Civic Center
20 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
21 Stormwater Mgmt. and Watershed Stewardship Committee, 7:00 p.m. Civic Center
27 City Offices Closed
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the City Clerk (248) 347-0456 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations.