|View Minutes for this meeting
OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: PACK 50 WEBELOS BOY SCOUTS
LEADERS: Dawn Derrick/Richard Kepes
ROLL CALL: Mayor Clark, Council Members Bononi, Cassis, Csordas, DeRoche, Kramer, Lorenzo
APPROVAL OF AGENDA: (additional communications or petitions)
COMMITTEE REPORTS: 1. Cable Audio Update Member Csordas
1. Beck Road/I-96 Interchange Dave Wresinski (MDOT)
2. National Flood Insurance program Community Rating System (MDEQ)
1. CITY MANAGER
2. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part I
1. Approval of resolution to authorize the first quarter Budget Amendment #2002-1
2. Adoption of Zoning Text Amendment 01-18.168-An ordinance to amend Section 24, Sec. 2401 and 2402, of the City of Novi Ordinance No. 97-18, as amended, relating to open space preservation, in order to clarify the intent of the open space preservation option and to provide greater incentive for use of the option 2nd Reading & Adoption.
3. Approve request from Franklin Road Christian School, 40800 W. 13 Mile Road, for an Outdoor Gathering Permit on September 29, 2001.
4. Approve request from Kernen & Kernen, Inc. to transfer ownership of 2000 Class C licensed business with Dance Permit, located in escrow at 1103 East Lake, Novi MI 48377, Oakland County from Mr. Bs Walled Lake, Inc.
5. Approve request from Novi BRS Enterprises, Inc. to transfer ownership of 2000 Class C licensed business with Dance Permit, located in escrow at 1103 East Lake, Novi MI 48375, Oakland County from Kernen & Kernen, Inc.
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part II
6. Adoption of Zoning Text Amendment 01-18.170, an Ordinance to amend Ordinance No. 97-18, as amended, the City of Novi Zoning Ordinance; footnote (u), subparagraph (1), of the Schedule of Regulations contained within Section 2400 of said Ordinance, relating to height requirements in an OST District; and to amend subpart 2509.6(g), relating to berms, in order to clarify the requirements of the OST District when adjacent to residential districts 1st Reading
7. Request for approval of Zoning Map Amendment 18.612, from Joseph Rokicsak, to rezone 8 acres in Section 16, located on the north side of Eleven Mile Road and east of Beck Road, from Residential Acreage (RA) to One Family Residential District (R-1) or any other appropriate zoning district.
8. Request for approval of cross-access easement agreement from Novi Party Store SP 98-41G, located in Section 23, south side of Grand River, east of Novi Road, .38 acre site zoned Town Center (TC-1)
9. Request for approval of conservation easement for Weingartz Golf and Turf SP 00-45, located in Section 9, north of Twelve Mile Road, west of West Park Drive, 3.38 acre site zoned General Industrial (I-2).
10. Approval of the Road Commission for Oakland County Winter Maintenance Agreement2001/2002. (This will be the second year that City of Novi assumes responsibility for Ten Mile Road, Novi Road, and Grand River Avenue).
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
1. Removal of restrictions regarding U.S. flags from Code of Ordinances Section 28-8 Member DeRoche
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerks Office)
A. Approve Minutes of:
B. Enter Executive Session immediately following the regular Council meeting of September24, 2001 for the purpose of discussing pending litigation.
C. Schedule public hearing for October 1, 2001 at 7:30 p.m. on the proposed settlementdiscussed in Executive Session on August 22, 2001, including the provision of notice of a hearing on the consideration of modifications to land use regulations applicable to two properties.
D. Adoption of resolution recommending approval of the Douglas Shaeffer Charity GolfClassic Inc. request for recognition as a non-profit organization operating in the community for the purpose of obtaining a gaming (raffle) license.
E. Schedule a Public Hearing on Reprogramming of Community Development BlockGrant Funds for 7:30 p.m. on Monday, October 15, 2001.
F. Approval of Traffic Control Order 01-20 authorizing installation of a Stop sign onwestbound Crestview at Venice Drive in the Roma Ridge Subdivision.
G. Approval of Revised City of Novi Investment Policy.
H. Approval of MDEQ Riverbridge Conservation Easement.
I. Approval of Claims and Accounts Warrant No. 606
1. Letter from Allen and Leslie Weirmeir Re: Eagle Scout Jonathan Weirmeir
2. Letter from Kathe Ray Re: Sidewalks on Ten Mile Road near Novi Rd.
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
27 Ordinance Review Committee 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
27 Special City Council 7:00 p.m. Council Chambers
1 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
2 Zoning Board of Appeals 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
3 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
8 Library Board 7:00 p.m. Novi Library
9 Beautification Commission 7:15 p.m. Civic Center
11 Parks & Recreation Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
15 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
17 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
18 Ordinance Review Committee 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers