|View Minutes for this meeting
REGULAR MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
MONDAY, MAY 21, 2001 AT 7:30 PM
COUNCIL CHAMBERS-NOVI CIVIC CENTER-45175 W. TEN MILE ROAD
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: Girl Scout Troop #3341 Leader: Cindy Toth
Rebecca Sprys, Kathleen Hlavaty, Katie Hildreth,
Danielle Kern, Chelsea Rozek, Stephanie Toth
ROLL CALL:Mayor Clark, Council Members Bononi, Cassis, Csordas, DeRoche, Kramer, Lorenzo
APPROVAL OF AGENDA: (additional communications or petitions)
1. CITY MANAGER
2. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
3. ATTORNEY Update on Jason Ct. Issue
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part I
1. Adoption of proposed budget resolution for FY 2001-2002.
2. Approval of proposed water and sewer rates resolution for 2001-2002 FY budget.
3. Adoption of Resolution for Public Act 88 Reciprocal Retirement
4. Approve/Deny request from Singh Development for Preliminary Plat approval of
Churchill Crossing for a 208 lot subdivision located on 80 acres at Ten Mile west of
Novi Road. The proposed project is in a Single Family Residential District (R-4).
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part II
5. Approval of extension of Escrow Agreement between the City and Northern Equities
Group for Cabot and Lewis Drives.
6. Consideration of a request to vacate a portion of Elm Court Road right-of-way and
authorization for the City Attorney to prepare a vacating Resolution.
(MDOT Beck Road/I-96 Wetland Mitigation Project).
8. Authorization to submit Application to Purchase and Agreement of Sale for the
MDOT M-5/Garfield Road Wetland Mitigation site and the City Attorneys prepare
documents providing use restrictions pursuant to the Resolution of Council and
record such upon transfer of title to the City.
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
Elimination - Member Bononi.
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerks Office)
1. May 7, 2001 Regular Council meeting
2. May 9, 2001 Joint Meeting with Council and Library Board
3. May 10, 2001 Joint Meeting with Council and Parks and Recreation Commission.
E. Approval of Claims and Accounts Warrant No. 597
1. Letter from Arnold F. Serlin Re: Wetlands at Bristol Corners
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council Meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
28 Memorial Day-City Offices Closed
4 City Council 7:30 pm Council Chambers
5 Zoning Board of Appeals 7:30 pm Council Chambers
6 Planning Commission 7:30 pm Council Chambers
11 Council Interviews 7:30 pm Council Chambers
11 Library Board 7:00 pm Novi Public Library
12 Beautification Commission 7:15 pm Civic Center
18 City Council - 7:30 pm Council Chambers
20 Planning Commission 7:30 pm Council Chambers
21 Historical Commission 7:00 pm Civic Center