|View Minutes for this meeting
REGULAR MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
MONDAY, MARCH 5, 2001 AT 7:30 PM
COUNCIL CHAMBERS-NOVI CIVIC CENTER-45175 W. TEN MILE ROAD
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: Brownie Girl Scouts Troop 2308-Novi Woods-
Leaders: Frances Longe, Sherri Ketzer, Alina Muller
Members: Kelsey Longe, Courtney Kelzer, Erika Paliaian,
Emily Banks, Alina Muller, Ashley Papelian, Deepa Etikala,
Alyssa Hayes, Jillian Hilliard, Kelsey Masserant, Olivia
Mayer, Brianne Pieprzak
ROLL CALL:Mayor Clark, Council Members Bononi, Cassis, Csordas, DeRoche, Kramer, Lorenzo
APPROVAL OF AGENDA: (additional communications or petitions)
1. Father Richard J. Elmer, C.S.B, President, Catholic Central High School
2. Legislative Briefing - Coordinated Planning Act (HB6124)
1. CITY MANAGER
2. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part I
1. Approval of Residential Unit Development (RUD) for Maybury Estates SP 00-53,
located in Section 32, on the north side of Eight Mile Road between Beck and Garfield
Roads, 134.75-acre site zoned Residential Acreage (RA).
2. Request from Evergreen III, Inc. for approval of parking lease agreement for
Assignment of Lease and Extension from 2015 to the year 2041.
3 Policy discussion Re: Proposed Gateway District.
4. Request for approval of Ordinance No. 2000-150.03-to amend Article V of
Chapter 31 of the Novi Code of Ordinances, to revise the standards for the establishment and use of natural beauty roads within the City of Novi
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part II
5. Award bid for Street Trees to Panoramic Landscaping, the low qualified bidder, in the
amount of $53,975.
6. Authorization for Toll Brothers, Inc. to extend the Wixom Road Utilities for Fire Station
No. 4 and perform Novi-Lyon Drain maintenance work ($218,854).
7. Request for approval of the Revised City of Novi Investment Policy.
8 Adoption of Resolution and Authorization to make an Offer to Purchase Real Estate for
Twelve Mile Road and Other roadway Improvements Project (SAD 155): Siena Group,
LLC (50-22-11-300-006) for $86,527 and approve Declaration of Taking.
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
1. Tianjin China visiting delegation Mayor Clark.
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerks Office)
E. Approval of Claims and Accounts Warrant No.592
1. Letter from Dina Ascenzo Re: Shawood Heights/Walled Lake Estates Subdivision road
2. Letter from Census Bureau regarding release of Census 2000 redistricting data.
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council Meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
5 City Council
6 Zoning Board of Appeals
7 Planning Commission
7 Cable Commission
8 Parks & Recreation Commission
12 Library Board
13 Beautification Commission
13 Cable Access Committee
14 EMS & Fire Services Task Force Public Forum
15 Historical Commission
15 Ordinance Review Committee
15 Joint Meeting of City Council and Historical Commission
19 City Council
21 Planning Commission
2 City Council
3 Zoning Board of Appeals
4 Planning Commission
7 City Council Budget Work Session, 9-3 p.m.
9 Library Board
10 Beautification Commission
10 Cable Access Committee
12 Parks and Recreation Commission
13 Good Friday City Offices Closed
16 City Council
18 City Council Budget Work Session, 7-10 p.m.
19 Historical Commission
19 Ordinance Review Committee
21 City Council Budget Work Session, 9-Noon