REGULAR MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
MONDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2000, AT 7:30 PM
COUNCIL CHAMBERS-NOVI CIVIC CENTER-45175 W. TEN MILE ROAD
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: BOY SCOUT TROOP #407
ROLL CALL: Mayor Clark, Mayor Pro Tem Lorenzo, Council Members Bononi, Crawford, Csordas, DeRoche, Kramer
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
PRESENTATIONS: 1.Appreciation Plaque to Michael J. Watza – former Planning Commission member.
1. CITY MANAGER
2. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
PUBLIC HEARINGS: 1. Vacation of Magellan Drive
2. Local Law Enforcement Block Grant Funds 2000
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION – Part I
1. Approval of Agreement with Henry Sasson for completion of SAD 94 sanitary sewer.
2. Approval of Recommendation regarding Stop sign at New Court and E. Lake Dr.
3. Approval of authorization for placement of signs for public parking - Main Street.
4. Ordinance No 2000-23.18-An ordinance to add Section 22-99 to the Novi Code of Ordinances to regulate the operation of amplified sound systems within motor vehicles – 1st Reading.
5. Ordinance No. 97-18, as amended, the City of Novi Zoning Ordinance, to add subsection 1501.8 to said ordinance, to restrict tattoo parlors to the B-3 General Business District, 2nd Reading.
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerk’s Office)
Approve Minutes of:
1. October 2, 2000
Acceptance of Water Main Easements from property owners along East Lake Drive for the construction of the East Lake Drive Water Main project.
Approval of Wixom Road Sanitary Sewer and Water Main Agreement with Toll Brothers, Inc.
Introduction of Resolution for the proposed vacating of Thirteen Mile Road Right-of-Way and setting November 13, 2000 as the date for the public hearing.
Introduction of Resolution for the proposed vacating of Erma Street (west) Walkway and setting November 13, 2000 as the date for the public hearing.
Approval of Wayne County Interagency Agreement regarding Dunbarton Regional Detention Basin Project and authorization to solicit engineering proposals.
Approval of Budget Amendment 2001-3 for first quarter and prior year’s rollover items.
Adoption of Resolution vacating a portion of Magellan Drive road right-of-way.
Approval of Change Order No. 3 to the 1999-2000 Concrete Paving Improvements contract for the Taft Road Bike Path reconstruction and the Galway Sidewalk projects in the amount of $67,312.
Approval to solicit proposals for a Water Distribution System Study and Master Plan Update.
Approval to pursue mini grant funding through Office of Services to the Aging (OSA).
Approve the 2000-2001 Oakland County Health Division/Office of Substance Abuse Grant in the amount of $14,000.
Approval of purchase of Environmental Web server.
Approval of Claims and Accounts – Warrant No. 582
1. Letter from Iris Lokar in support of 9 Mile Road sidewalks for safety with DPS Nowicki
response letter dated 9/27/00.
2. Letter from Dr. David Zukkoor dated 9/26/00 regarding traffic signal/signage at West Park
Drive and South Lake Drive with DPS Nowicki response letter dated 10/9/00.
3. Letter from Michael Esker regarding bike path safety issue.
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council Meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
19 - Ordinance Review
19 - Historical Commission
19 - Parks & Recreation Commission
25 - Planning Commission
9 - Parks and Recreation Commission
13 - City Council
15 - Planning Commission
17 - Council Goal Setting Session
18 - Council Goal Setting Session
27 - City Council