REGULAR MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2000, AT 7:30 PM
COUNCIL CHAMBERS-NOVI CIVIC CENTER-45175 W. TEN MILE ROAD
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ROLL CALL: Mayor Clark, Mayor ProTem Lorenzo, Council Members Bononi, Crawford, Csordas, DeRoche and Kramer
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
1. Certificate of Appreciation to Mervyns of Novi for their ongoing support of Novi Youth
Assistance-Maureen Mack-Mervyns and Tom Lindberg-Novi Youth Assistance.
2. Proclamation of September 17-23, 2000 as Constitution Week Three Flags Chapter
Daughters of American Revolution (DAR).
1. Tornado Warning Siren north of Thirteen Mile, West of M-5
1. CITY MANAGER-
Set date in November, 2000 for City Council Goal Setting Session
2. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
a) Household hazardous waste collection day update-Director of Public Services Nowicki.
b) Partners in Preserving the Fuerst Farm Parks & Recreation Director Davis.
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part I
1. Request for consideration of Resolution vacating a portion of Elm Court
2. Request from Novaplex for a waiver from Design and Construction Standards to allow
for a 24 foot wide driveway
3. Request for Final Preliminary Plat approval for Wilshire Abbey.
4. Request for approval of Agreement with Secrest, Wardle, Lynch, Hampton, Truex and
Morley, P.C. to serve as City Attorney (excluding Prosecuting Attorney, Labor Attorney and
Bond Counsel Services).
5. Approval of Thirteen Mile/M-5 Tornado Siren Site.
6. Approval of Design and Construction variance request Fountain Walk Project Stormwater Detention Basin Design.
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part II
7. Approval of Agreement with Henry Sasson for completion of SAD 94 sanitary sewer.
8. Final Report Consultant Review Committee.
9. Request for Final Plat Approval Tollgate Woods Subdivision SP 98-50, located in Section 11, on the southwest corner of Meadowbrook Road and Thirteen Mile Road, zoned RA, Residential Acreage District (PUD)
10. Approval of Management Contract to P.M. One Ltd. For Meadowbrook Commons Adult Residential Facility.
11. Approval of General Rules of Occupancy, Rental Guidelines, and Tenant Preference Plan for Meadowbrook Commons Adult Residential Facility.
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES:
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerks Office)
A. Approve Minutes of:
1. August 28, 2000, Regular meeting
B. Adoption of Ordinance No. 2000-16.05 to delete Section 35-17 from the Novi Code of
Ordinances and to amend Section 35-51 of said code, to eliminate the regulation of taxicab
rates of fare by the City of Novi-2nd Reading & Adoption.
C. Request for approval of Personal Property Contract with Oakland County Department of
Equalization for tax years 2001 and 2002.
D. Approval of Traffic Control order #00-76 for installation of Stop signs on northbound and
southbound Broadmoor Park Lane at Argyle Street in Broadmoor Park Subdivision No. 1.
E. Authorization to solicit construction bids; Shawood Heights Water Main (SAD 152), Shawood
Heights Sanitary Sewer (SAD 154), and Beck Road Sanitary Sewer Extension.
F. Adoption of Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment 18.164, an Ordinance to amend Subsection
2503.1 of Ordinance No. 97-18, as amended, the City of Novi Ordinance, to revise the
standards for accessory buildings within the City 1st Reading
G. Approval of Request to transfer ownership of 2000 Class C Licensed business from Novi
Mongo L.L.C. to Mongolian Operating Company, L.L.C.
H. Award bid for Twelve Mile Sprinkler System to American Sprinkler (low bidder) in the amount
I. Approval of Ordinance No. 2000-44.10-To amend Sections 7-48 and 7-49 of the Novi Code
of Ordinances to reduce the number of Hearing Officers necessary to evaluate dangerous
structures 1st Reading
J. Approval of Ordinance No. 2000-15.04-To amend Section 16-57 of the Novi Code of
Ordinances to provide procedures for the abatement of litter nuisances within the City of
Novi 1st Reading
K. Approval of claims and accounts: Warrant No. 579
1. Report from Glenn Lemmon, City Assessor, Re: Michigan Tax Tribunal Update.
2. Letter from Rob & Chris Czarnecki regarding vacating Elm Court.
3. Letter from Sarah Gray Re: SAD #149 Eubank/LeMay, Maudlin Watermain
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council Meetings are held in the Council Chambers
unless otherwise noted.
12-Zoning Board of Appeals
14-Parks & Recreation Commission
21-Ordinance Review Committee
21-Economic Development Corp
26-Novi Youth Assistance
2 - City Council
3 - ZBA
4 - Planning Commission
5 - Economic Development Committee
9 - Library Board
10 - Cable Access Committee
10 - Beautification Commission
12 - Parks and Recreation Commission
16 - City Council
18 - Planning Commission
19 - Ordinance Review
19 - Economic Development
19 - Historical Commission