REGULAR MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
MONDAY, AUGUST 28, 2000, AT 7:30 PM
COUNCIL CHAMBERS-NOVI CIVIC CENTER-45175 W. TEN MILE ROAD
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ROLL CALL: Mayor Clark, Mayor ProTem Lorenzo, Council Members Bononi, Crawford, Csordas, DeRoche and Kramer
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
1. Presentation of medals earned from military service in the Army during
World War II– Mr. Douglas Henry
2. Presentation of medals earned during service in the Navy during World War II– Mr. Louis Smith
3. Greetings from the Coffee Trader (new Main Street business)-Laura Dupell
1. CITY MANAGER
2. DEPARTMENT REPORTS-Status of Summer 2000 expanded neighborhood street resurfacing – DPS Tony Nowicki
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION – Part I
1. Adoption of Awarding Resolution accepting the bid of ____________ (bids to be opened
Monday 8-28-00 at 4:00p.m.) for $18,435,000 City of Novi 2000 Special Assessment
Limited Tax Bonds.
2. Authorize Administration to prepare an agreement with Secrest, Wardle, Lynch, Hampton,
Truex and Morley, P.C. to serve as City Attorney (excluding prosecuting attorney, labor
attorney and bond counsel services) for the City of Novi.
3. Continuation of discussion Re: appointments to Planning Commission.
4. Adoption of Ordinance No. 2000-16.05-To delete Section 35-17 from the Novi Code of
Ordinances and to amend Section 35-51 of said code, to eliminate the regulation of taxicab
rates of fare by the City of Novi-1st Reading.
5. Request for approval of Conservation and Preservation Easement for Regency Commerce
6. Consideration of Property Acquisition from Norman Steel Inc. as proposed site for
fire station #4.
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION – Part II
7. Approval of request from N & Y Properties and Triangle Development Company for
Preliminary Site Plan with regard to their proposal to amend the Consent Judgment for
property located at the northwest corner of Meadowbrook and Grand River Avenue.
8. Request to approve Landscape Waiver for berm along easterly property line of Beck North
Corporate Site condominium SP00-13, located in Section 4, east of Beck and north of West
Roads, zoned Light Industrial District (I-1).
9. Approval of ACO-SW00-006 Supplemental Environmental Project pursuant to MEDQ Administrative Consent order.
10. Consideration of resolution vacating a portion of Elm Court.
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES:
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerk’s Office)
A. Approve Minutes of:
1. August 5, 2000, Special Meeting
2. August 14, 2000, Regular Meeting
Schedule an Executive Session immediately following the meeting Re: Pending Litigation.
Approval of Ordinance 2000-109.1-An ordinance to amend Sections 19-21 and 19-22 of the Novi Code of Ordinances to increase the number of Library Board Directors and to reduce the terms of their service-2nd Reading & Adoption.
Approval of Taxi Cab Company license with fifteen cabs-ABC Cab Company.
Adoption of Resolution to establish a $600 franchise application fee for electric utility providers.
Approval of Resolution supporting the Novi high School Homecoming parade as required by the Road Commission for Oakland County annual permit for use of roadways under their jurisdiction.
Approval of License Agreement – Tollgate Woods Entryway Sign
Acceptance of streets and utilities in Broadmoor Park Subdivision Nos. 2 & 3 and adoption of New Street Acceptance Resolution.
Approval of renewal of Michigan Municipal Liability and Property Pool Insurance in the amount of $321,018.
Approval of revision of Articles of Incorporation – Building Authority/Change of Membership.
Award bid for Non-Linear Editor to B & H Photo, the low bidder, in the amount of $7,995. (Community Relations)
Award bid for one (1) auto fryer to Auto Fry Sales, in the amount of $6,775 and one (1) frozen carbonated beverage freezer from Taylor Freezer in the amount of $9,725. (Ice Arena)
Award bid for the purchase of 24 Dell Computers to Dell Direct, the low quotation, in the amount of $34,000 (Police Department)
Approval to adopt a Revised Investment Policy
O. Approval of Claims and Accounts: Warrant No. 578
1. Letter from Mayor Clark, to Linda Duncan Re: Meadowbrook Glens Subdivision street
Letter from Zoning Board of Appeals; Re: Sign Variances-Fountain Walk
Letter from Mark Kemper, Re: South Lake Drive
Letter from Michigan Liquor Control Commission, Re: Two available new Class C licenses
Letter from Whispering Meadows Homeowners Association Re: Authority to act on behalf of Board of Directors.
Letter from Sarah J. Gray Re: S. Lake Drive
Letter from Michael Rosinski on behalf of Walter and Hazel Rosinski Re: Drainage Complaint on Taft Road.
Letter from Pat Karevich Re: Road Bond issue.
Memo from DPS Nowicki to City Manager Helwig Re: Taft Road drainage issues.
Memo from DPS Nowicki to City Manager Helwig Re: Household Hazardous Waste Collection.
Letter from Len Wilczewski opposing vacating Elm Court.
Letter from Judy Thompson opposing vacating Elm Court.
Letter from Rob and Chris Czarnecki opposing vacating Elm Court.
Letter from Chris House; Re: South Lake Drive Closure at Thirteen Mile/Old Novi Road
Memorandum from JCK & Associates, Re: status of the Expanded Neighborhood Paving Program.
Letter from JCK Re: Utilizing a Wildlife Corridor for the Wetland System on Ten Mile Road Between Taft and Novi Road.
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council Meetings are held in the Council Chambers
unless otherwise noted.
7-Economic Development Corp
12-Zoning Board of Appeals
14-Parks & Recreation Commission
21-Ordinance Review Committee
21-Economic Development Corp