|View Minutes for this Meeting
REGULAR MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
MONDAY, AUGUST 14, 2000, AT 7:30 PM
COUNCIL CHAMBERS-NOVI CIVIC CENTER-45175 W. TEN MILE ROAD
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ROLL CALL: Mayor Clark, Mayor ProTem Lorenzo, Council Members Bononi, Crawford, Csordas, DeRoche and Kramer
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
1) Presentation of medals earned from military service in the Navy during
World War I - Mr. Mike Brennan
2) Presentation of medals earned from military service in the Army during World War II - Mr. Richard Hoffman.
3) Presentation for Nation’s WWII Veterans Memorial
1. CITY MANAGER- Update on S. Lake Drive traffic calming measures
2. DEPARTMENT REPORTS – Tom Anastos – Ice Arena
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION – Part I
1. Approval of Resolution regarding Street and Highway Improvements Bond proposal (sets ballot proposal for November General Election).
2. Approval of Policy Resolution regarding Street and Highway Bond Proposal (sets road improvement commitments; sets minimum of 5 years for any future road bond).
3. Request for approval of appeal for Land Division Application-parcel No. 50-22-29-326-026 &
027, Plan A or Plan B, Brian L. Walker, property located on Nine Mile.
4. Approval of Tentative Preliminary Plat and Wetlands Permit for Churchill Crossings SP 00-14, located on 80 acres in Section 22, on Ten Mile Road and west of Novi Road. The proposed development is in a Single-family Residential District (R-4).
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION – Part II
5. Approval of request from N & Y Properties and Triangle Development Company for Preliminary Site Plan with regard to their proposal to amend the Consent Judgment for property located at the northwest corner of Meadowbrook and Grand River Avenue.
6. Adoption of Resolution of Support – Quail Ridge Drain Grant Application.
7. Approval of Contractual Agreement for the City of Novi to provide limited transportation
services for the City of Walled Lake senior citizens.
8. Authorization for staff, Consultants, and Attorneys to review the PLC Novi West Development proposal to serve as the contractor for the City of Novi/Fountain Walk Wetland Mitigation Project and authorization to prepare a construction agreement.
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES:
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerk’s Office)
A. Approve Minutes of:
1. July 18, 2000, Special Meeting
2. July 18, 2000, Special Joint Meeting with Northville Township
3. July 24, 2000, Regular Meeting
B. Approval of Ordinance No. 2000-109.01-An Ordinance to amend Sections 19-21 and 19-22
of the Novi Code of Ordinances to increase the number of Library Board Directors and to
reduce the terms of their service-1st Reading.
C. Approval of Agreement between the City of Novi and Novi Ice Arena for use of the Novi Ice
Arena by the Novi After School Recreation Program.
D. Approval of Agreement between the City of Novi and Soccer Zone for use of the Novi Soccer
Zone by the Novi After School Recreation Program.
E. Adoption of Ordinance No. 2000-167-An ordinance to grant NORDIC ELECTRIC, L.L.C. a
nonexclusive, revocable franchise to conduct a local electric power business within the City of
Novi for a period of fifteen years-2nd Reading & Adoption
F. Approval of appointments of Officer Delegate and Employee Delegate for MERS 54th Annual
G. Approval of Resolution to return the Class C license originally granted to Murray O’Neill, LLC
to the City’s quota of available Class C licenses.
H. Acceptance of Sanitary Sewer Easement from Detroit Edison for Park Place Sanitary Sewer.
I. Approval of MDOT Contract No. 00-5254 and adoption of Authorizing Resolution – M-5
Resurfacing from I-96 to Haggerty Road
J. Approval of Consent Judgment – Dittrich vs. City of Novi, et al
K. Introduction of the Thirteen Mile/M-5 Tornado Siren Site and scheduling a public hearing for
September 11, 2000.
L. Acceptance of various Driveway Grading Permits for the East Lake Drive Rehabilitation and
Water Main Extension Projects.
M. Extension (3 years) of Pager Contract through the Tri-County Purchasing Cooperative
with Verizon Wireless.
N. Approval of proposal with Lakewood Landscaping for Boulevard maintenance of Cranbrooke
and Village Wood at unit pricing of $700 per cut.
O. Award bid for lease/purchase of Parks & Recreation copier to Albin Business Machine, in the
amount of $470.44/monthly
P. Award bid for Civil and Architectural Design Services to Mielock Associates, Inc., in the
amount of $40,800.
Q. Award bid for truck (DPW) to Signature Ford, in the amount of $56,871.90.
R. Approval of date change for an Outdoor Gathering permit from 5th Avenue
Ballroom, 25750 Novi Road, for a Beach Party, from August 19 & 20, 2000 to August 26 & 27,
S. Approval of Traffic Control Order #00-75 for No Turn on Red for westbound Thirteen Mile
Road at South Lake Drive
T. Approval of Resolution authorizing Bank One to make payment to Effie Ambler for Bond No. R457,
in the amount of $10,000
U. Approval of Claims and Accounts: Warrant No. 577
1. Letter from Brian McPherson regarding Churchill Crossings subdivision project.
2. Letter and petition from residents on Henning and Buffington opposing cul-de-sac on S. Lake
3. Letter from Ayres, Lewis, Norris & May, Inc. to Northville Township, Re: Quail Ridge Drain
4. Letters from David Boyer and Larry Van Zandt opposing closure of S. Lake Dr.
5. Letter from Carol Ringvelski, President of Greenwood Oaks Association, regarding their position
on a residential subdivision proposed for the northwest corner of Ten Mile and Beck Roads.
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council Meetings are held in the Council Chambers
unless otherwise noted.
16-Ordinance Review Committee
16-Parks & Recreation Commission
22-Novi Youth Assistance
5-Zoning Board of Appeals
7-Economic Development Corp
14-Parks & Recreation Commission
21-Ordinance Review Committee
21-Economic Development Corp