Boy Scout Troop #407
ROLL CALL: Mayor McLallen, Mayor ProTem Crawford, Council Members
DeRoche, Kramer, Lorenzo, Mutch, Schmid
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
- Proclamation to Elinor Holland in honor of her 75th
- Proclamation to Mr. & Mrs. Steininger in honor of their 50th
- Proclamation recognizing the two hundred twelfth anniversary of the
drafting of the Constitution.
- Presentation of Community Service Plaque to J.R. Atiyeh for his
service on the Parks & Recreation Commission.
- Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting - Kathy Smtih-Roy.
- Presentation of Jeffrey Johnson Assistant Fire Chief – Fire Chief
- S.A.D. 152 - Shawood Walled Lake Heights Subdivision Water Main.
- Resolution designating Meadowbrook Road (12 – 13 Mile) as a Natural
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION – Part I
- Request for adoption of Resolution Number 5 for Shawood Walled Lake
Heights Subdivision Water Main - S.A.D. 152.
- Request for adoption of a Resolution designating Meadowbrook Road (12
– 13 Mile) as a Natural Beauty Road.
- Request for Administrative Hearing for Renewal of Cable Television
Franchises for Time Warner Cable.
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION – Part II
- Request for approval of Ordinance Amendment Number 99-37.20 – To
create the $22.50 front footage charge for connections to the water main
system. – I Reading.
- Request for adoption of a resolution recreating the Fuerst Property
Task Force and establishing a sunset date for the committee.
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items,
which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
- Consultant Review Committee – Councilman DeRoche
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES:
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is
available for review at the City Clerk’s Office)
- Approve Minutes of:
- August 23, 1999 Regular Meeting
- August 16, 1999 Special Meeting
- Schedule an Executive Session of Council to be held immediately
following the Regular Meeting of September 13, 1999, for the purpose of
- Authorization to Hold a Public Hearing on September 27, 1999 for the
Local Law Enforcement Block Grant ’99(LLEBG) Proposed Use of Funds.
- Approval of agreement between the City of Novi and Soccer Zone for the
use for the Novi After-School Recreation Program.
- Appointment of Anthony W. Nowicki, Director of Public Services, as
Street Administrator pursuant to Act 51, Public Acts of 1951.
- Approval of Change Order No. 1 - Taft Road Reconstruction Project,
Beck Road spot repairs and Taft Road bike path replacement.
- Approval of Resolution authorizing the City to maintain the storm
water detention system in Bellagio Estates, lacking such maintenance by
- Authorization for the Attorney to prepare an agreement between the
City and Northern Equities for construction of the Haggerty Corridor Water
Main between 12 Mile and 13 Mile Roads.
- Award bid for Interior Office Construction to Villanova Construction
Company in the amount of $9,000.
- Permission to seek bids for Street Tree Planting for Meadowbrook Road
and Taft Road.
- Award bid for Laptop Computers to Gateway, Inc., the low bidder, in
the amount of $21,845.
- Award bid for Tree Planting to Wayne Oakland Contractors in the amount
of $41,250 for Novi Community Sports Park.
- Award bid for Combination High Pressure Jet Rodder and Catch Basin
Cleaner to Jack Doheny Supplies, the low bidder, in the amount of
- Approval of Claims and Accounts
- Warrant No 553
- Letter from Omnipoint to City Council, Re: Denise Jenkins resignation
from the Cable Access Committee.
- Letter from Oakland County Board of Commissioners, Re: Resolution
#99163 – E911 Service Plan.
- Letter from State of Michigan Department of Treasury, Re: Drug
Forfeiture Funds and Cooperative Drug Agencies.
- Letter from Councilmember DeRoche to Edward Kriewall, Re: 28800
- Letter from John Enkemann, Chairman of Construction Board of Appeals
to City Council, Re: Resignation of Member Kirkish.
- Letter from Fried, Watson & Bugbee, P.C., Re: Ethics/Conflicts of
- MDEQ letter dated 8/31/99 with Certificate of Coverage under NPDES
General Permit for the City of Novi.
- Memorandum from A.W. Nowicki to E.F. Kriewall dated 9/8/99 in response
to Councilman DeRoche’s memorandum dated 8/31/99 regarding Mr. Karimalis’
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council Meetings are held in the
Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
5-Zoning Board of Appeals
14-Parks & Recreation Commission
2-City General Election
4-Economic Development Corporation
9-Zoning Board of Appeals
11-Veteran’s Day – City Offices Closed
18-Parks & Recreation Commission
18 Historical Commission
25-Thanksgiving – City Offices Closed
26-Thanksgiving – City Offices Closed