View Minutes for this meeting
REGULAR MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
MONDAY, APRIL 19, 1999, AT 7:30 PM
COUNCIL CHAMBERS-NOVI CIVIC CENTER-45175 W. TEN MILE ROAD
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: Cub Scout Pack #54
ROLL CALL: Mayor McLallen, Mayor ProTem Crawford, Council Members
DeRoche, Kramer, Lorenzo, Mutch, Schmid
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
- Garfield Road Homeowners Association regarding Garfield Road
Mitigation of Wetlands/City Park – Cindy Gronachan
- Request for approval of Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment 18.148 –
Amendment to Section 1301 and to add subpart 1302.3 to Ordinance No.
97-18, as amended, the City of Novi Zoning Ordinance, to include as a
principal use permitted instructional centers and to include as a
principal use permitted subject to special conditions sit-down restaurants
with a maximum seating capacity of 50 persons and carry out restaurants
that do not vent odors to the outside
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION – Part I
- Request for Preservation Option Application and stub street and
cul-de-sac waivers – Bellagio Site Condominium, SP 98-49A & 98-49B,
located west of Beck and south of Nine Mile Road, Section 32.
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION – Part II
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items,
which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is
available for review at the City Clerk’s Office)
- Approve Minutes of:
- April 5, 1999 Regular Meeting
- April 8, 1999 Regular Meeting – Budget
- Approval of telecommunications permit agreement assignment from
Ovation Communications to McLeod USA, Inc.
- Approval of storm sewer oversizing credit for Stonewood-Novi, Inc.
(Addington Park Subdivision No. 4) in the amount of $22,890.00.
- Acceptance of streets and utilities in Addington Park Subdivision No.
- Approval of The Detroit Edison Company Overhead Easement
(Right-of-Way) No. R-167399-2 Agreement.
- Approval to purchase a KEA 4.2 Terminal Emulation in the amount of
$7,574 from D. M. Data, a sole source supplier (Police Department).
- Award bid for Roof Replacement at Fire Station #3 to Wright Brown
Roofing Company, the low bidder, in the amount of $18,650.
- Award bid for Weapons Cleaning System to Keisler Police Supply, Inc.,
the low bidder, in the amount of $4,050 (Police Department).
- Award bid for Protective Body Armor to Sieloff Enterprises, the low
bidder meeting the specifications, based on unit pricing (Police
- Approval to extend the Weed Cutting Contract to Maged Contracting.
- Award RFP for Internet Access to MICA NET in the amount of
$13,075/Hardware/Software (Information Technology).
- Approval of Claims and Accounts – Warrant No 542
- Letter from Sarah Gray to Cindy Uglow, Re: Idlemere Park Subdivision
- Letter from Henrietta Korte to Dan Davis, Re: Block Grant Funds
- Letter from James Korte to Craig Smith, Re: Lemay Street at Maudlin
- Letter from James Korte to Kerreen Conley, Re: Invasion of Privacy
- RCOC letter to A. W. Nowicki dated 3/23/99 regarding left turn signal
phasing at various intersections
- Letter from JCK to A. Nowicki, Re: Taft Road Extension-Road Closure
- Letter from Kelly Schuler to City Council, Re: Master Plan Update
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council Meetings are held in the
Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
22-City Council Budget
26-City Council Budget
29-City Council Budget
4-Zoning Board of Appeals
6-Economic Development Corporation
13-Parks & Recreation Commission
17-Mayor’s Exchange Day
20-Ordinance Review Committee
31-Memorial Day-City Offices Closed