View Minutes for this meeting
REGULAR MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 1999 AT 7:30 PM
COUNCIL CHAMBERS-NOVI CIVIC CENTER-45175 W. TEN MILE ROAD
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ROLL CALL: Mayor McLallen, Mayor ProTem
Crawford, Council Members DeRoche, Kramer, Lorenzo, Mutch, Schmid
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
- Presentation of a State Tribute to Dan Tyrell – Representative Nancy
- Fire Station Number 1 – Craig Klaver
- S.A.D. Public Hearing Number 3 to Confirm the Special Assessment Roll
for S.A.D. 151 – Water Main in Section 10
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION – Part I
- Request for award of Bonds for the $3,500,000 City of Novi General
Obligation Unlimited Tax Bonds, Series 1999.
- Request to adopt the Resolution, Re: Notice of Intent to Issue Bonds
in the amount of $19,000,000 for the Senior Citizen Center.
- Request for Adoption of Resolution Number 7, for the Austin Drive/
Section 10 Water Main, SAD #151
- Request for approval of Zoning Map Amendment 18.582 - Proposed
rezoning of 18.65 acre property located in Section 23, at the southwest
corner of Meadowbrook Road and Cherry Hill, from Single-Family Residential
District (R-4) to Low-Density Low-Rise Multiple-Family (RM-1), or any
other appropriate district.
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION – Part II
- Request for approval of Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment 18.146 -
Amendment to Section 2520 of Ordinance 97-18, as amended, the City of Novi
Zoning Ordinance to provide more extensive façade standards and criteria –
II Reading & Adoption.
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items,
which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
- Snow Removal – Sidewalks Outside of Subdivisions – Lorenzo
- Underground Storage Tanks - Lorenzo
- Providence Management Team Dinner Invitation – Kriewall
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is
available for review at the City Clerk’s Office)
- Approve Minutes of:
- Special Meeting of January 14, 1999
- Special Meeting of January 21, 1999
- Schedule Executive Sessions:
Monday, February 22, 1999 at 6:00 PM for the purpose of Attorney’s
- Approval of Final Pay Estimate No. 6 and Final Balancing Change Order
No. 5 for the 1997 and 1998 Concrete Paving Improvements Program.
- Approval of Ordinances:
- Approval of Ordinance No. 99-16.04 – To require certain information
from limited liability companies applying for a license to operate a
vehicle for hire – II Reading and Adoption.
- Approval of Ordinance No. 99-120.05 – To provide massage licensing
requirements for limited liability companies – II Reading and Adoption.
- Approval of Ordinance No. 99-149.05 – To include limited liability
companies as possible liquor license applicants – II Reading and
- Approval of Ordinance No. 99-23.17 – To amend the provisions
pertaining to the offense of drawing a check without sufficient funds –
- Approval of Telecommunications Permit Agreement with NextLink
- Approval of a storm sewer and water main easement being granted by
Singh of Wexford Limited Partnership.
- Approval of the January 1999 Revision to the City of Novi, Department
of Public Service, Engineering Policy.
- The appointments of Jim Evenhuis and Bob Steeh to the vacant positions
on the Fuerst Property Task Force.
- Approval to purchase 3 Building Department vehicles from Signature
Ford, Grolling Chrysler & Van Dyke Dodge through Oakland County Joint
Purchasing, in the amount of $40,139.85.
- Approval to purchase seven (7) Ford Crown Victoria Patrol Vehicles
from Signature Ford through the Macomb County Joint Purchasing Program in
the amount of $140,957.25.
- Award bid for Uniforms (DPW/Water/ Parks & Recreation) Uniforms to
Unitog, the low bidder, based on unit pricing.
- Approval to purchase one (1) Chevrolet Lumina for the Planning and
Community Development Department from Buff Whelan Chevrolet through the
Oakland County Joint Purchasing Program in the amount of $14,964.59.
- Direct the City Attorney to prepare a proposed amendment to the
Consent Judgement – Reduction in Separation Distance between Home Sites
for Home Site #1312 – Old Dutch Farms
- Approval of Claims and Accounts – Warrant No.535
- Letter dated 1/15/99 from resident Cecila Van Horn to Craig Smith on
City service by DPW.
- Letter dated 1/18/99 to Mayor McLallen from Todd, Mossoian Novi
Township resident regarding Sewer Disposal connection.
- Memorandum from A. Nowicki to E. F. Kriewall regarding Rouge River
Walkway with JCK attachment.
- Letter from Diane Selleck to Nancy Reutter, Re: Appointment to Board
- Letter from Jan Mouch to Tonni Bartholomew, Re: Petition to install
permanent barrier on Woodruff Drive, Abby Hills Subdivision
- Letter from James Korte to City Council, Re: SAD 150 – Austin
- Letter from James Korte to Edward Kriewall, Re: SAD 150 – Austin
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council Meetings are held in the
Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
2-Zoning Board of Appeals
11-Parks and Recreation Commission
15-President’s Day-City Offices Closed
25-City Council Interviews
27-Novi’s 30th Birthday Party
2-Board of Review
4-Economic Development Corporation
8-Board of Review
9-Board of Review
10-Board of Review
11-Joint Council, Planning and ZBA
11-Board of Review
11-Parks and Recreation Commission
12-Board of Review
18-Joint Council, Parks & Rec. and Historical