Yard Waste and Bulk Item Pickup
Waste Management has significantly reduced its "field" work force and is focusing on the performance of essential services during this unprecedented crisis. As a result they will be temporarily suspending the following non-essential services:
- Bulk Collection: furniture, carpet, mattresses, appliances, etc.
- Spring & bulk clean-ups
- Yard Waste Collection: Scheduled to start on April 6, but now delayed
Simple Recycling has also suspended clothing collection operations in the state. They are taking this action because the downstream retailers to which they deliver clothing are not open.
Your regular trash & recycling service will continue as scheduled and these other services will be restarted once the work force returns to pre-pandemic levels. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to keep everyone safe.
Missed Pick Up or Problems
Contact Waste Management at 866-797-9018. Waste Management will respond to your request as soon as possible.
If one of the following holidays falls during the week ON OR BEFORE your collection day in a given week, your collection will be one day behind. Holidays observed: New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
The City of Novi contracts with Waste Management of Michigan Inc. to be the sole provider of trash, recycling, yard waste and bulk item collection. Residents receive weekly curbside pickup of garbage, recycling and bulk-items, and from the first full week of April to the last full week of November, curbside pickup of yard waste also is collected. The cost for these services is collected as a fee on the summer and winter tax bills.
If you have any questions about your service, please call the Waste Management Customer Experience Center at 866-797-9018.
Here are some general rules to follow for trash and recycling pickups for Novi’s solid waste program. If you have any questions, please contact Waste Management at 866-797-9018. To ensure your trash and recycling is picked up, please:
- Place your garbage and recycling in the appropriate carts by 7:00am on your collection day. Carts should be removed by the evening of your collection day.
- Each cart should have 3 feet between it and any other item.
- Do not overfill carts. If you have additional garbage, please place it in another container that is no larger than 35 gallons. If you need additional carts, contact Waste Management.
- Do not put hot ashes, charcoal or hazardous materials such as paint, chemicals, liquids, car batteries, etc. in your garbage or recycling cart.
Waste Less. Recycle More
Visit the Resource Recovery and Recycling Authority of Southwest Oakland County (RRRASOC) website at for additional curbside recycling information and community recycling events.