VIP team members will enhance the safety of the Novi community by observing and reporting incidents requiring a public safety response. Team members will also have the opportunity to enhance the level of safety in the community by educating citizens in crime prevention and safety topics.
The mission of the Novi VIPS Program is to “Observe, Report and Educate.” VIPS members can help educate community members about rules and local ordinances for the safety of all residents. VIPS members will also be able to observe and report on any situation requiring public safety response.
Reasons to Volunteer
- An opportunity to give back and serve the Novi community
- A productive way to spend free time and stay engaged
- A great opportunity to meet volunteers and members of the community
- A way to learn more about public safety operations
- High visability, non-confrontational patrol
- Patrolling Novi community parks (during special events)
- Handicap Parking enforcement
- Conducting checks as part of Homewatch Program and reporting problems
- Educating public on home safety and crime prevention topics
- Be at least 21 years old
- Possess valid MI driver’s license
- Maintain satisfactory driving record
- Have no criminal convictions
- Pass background check
- Attend training session
Click here to learn more about volunteering.
Contact Sergeant Mark Boody (248) 348-7100 with questions.