Agenda - Thursday, October 18, 2018
PARKS, RECREATION & CULTURAL SERVICES COMMISSION AGENDA
CITY OF NOVI
Thursday, Oct. 18, 2018 – 7 P.M.
Council Chambers | Novi Civic Center |45175 Ten Mile Road
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
2. ROLL CALL: Commissioners Dooley, Thomopoulos, Joshi, Muzzin, Pratt, Staab, Torimoto, Student Representatives Jooho Lee, Alice Wou
3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
4. CITIZEN COMMENTS: In order to hear all citizen comments at a reasonable hour, the City Council requests that speakers respect the three-minute time limit. This is not a question-answer session. However, it is an opportunity to voice your thoughts with City Council. Speakers wishing to display visual materials through the City’s audiovisual system must provide the materials to the PRCS Office no later than 12:00 p.m. noon the day of the meeting. The materials cannot be changed before the meeting.
5. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
A. Approval of September 2018 minutes
6. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
A. Walkable Novi – Commissioners Muzzin & Thomopoulos
B. Novi Park Foundation – Commissioner Staab & Torimoto
C. Grants Committee – Commissioners Dooley & Pratt
D. Parks Updates
1. Power Park – Commissioner Staab
2. ITC Community Sports Park – Commissioner Dooley
3. Novi Dog Park (Sept.) – Commissioner Dooley
4. Rotary Park (Sept.) – Commissioner Pratt
7. MATTERS FOR COMMISSION DISCUSSION AND/OR ACTION:
A. Commission Chair, Vice Chair and Committee Elections
8. STAFF REPORTS:
A. Administration Division – Director Jeff Muck
1. Water Tower Property Update
2. Lakeshore Park Update
3. Villa Barr Park opening
4. Misc. Park Project Updates
B. Recreation Division – Deputy Director Tracie Ringle
1. Program & Services
C. Older Adults Division – Older Adult Services Manager Karen Kapchonick
1. Program & Services
9. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
10. COMMISSIONER COMMENTS:
12. FUTURE EVENTS:
18 Parks Commission @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
20 Household Hazardous Waste Day @ RRRASOC, Southfield – 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
22 City Council @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
24 An Evening of Broadway Hits @ Novi Civic Center – 7-8 p.m.
27 Novi Holiday Arts & Crafts Show @ Novi High School – 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
28 Day of the Dead @ Novi Civic Center – 2-4:30 p.m.
31 “Spiders, Bats & Cats, Oh My!” Halloween Luncheon @ Meadowbrook Activity Center – Noon-2 p.m.
3 Shred Day @ Corrigan Records Storage – 9 a.m.-noon
5 “Addicted to Movies, Not Drugs” Movie Night @ Emagine Novi – 10 p.m.-6 a.m.
7 CPR Class @ Fire Station #4 – 6:30-10 p.m.
8 Veterans Brunch @ Novi Civic Center – 10 a.m.-noon
10 Civilian Pistol Safety (CPL) Class @ Novi Police Training Center – 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
12 City Offices, Meadowbrook Activity Center Closed; Novi Public Library Open
13 City Council @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
14 Older Adult Advisory Board @ Novi Civic Center – 6:30 p.m.
15 “A Bushel of Harvest Memories” Thanksgiving Luncheon @ Meadowbrook Activity Center – Noon-2 p.m.
15 Parks Commission @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
17 Child Car Seat Safety Check @ Fire Station #4 – 9 a.m.-noon
21 Novi Public Library Closed
22-23 City Offices, Meadowbrook Activity Center, Novi Public Library Closed
26 City Council @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
30 Light Up the Night @ Novi Civic Center – 6-9 p.m.
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department 248.347.0400 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations.