Agenda - Thursday, January 18, 2018
PARKS, RECREATION & CULTURAL SERVICES COMMISSION AGENDA
CITY OF NOVI
Thursday, Jan. 18, 2018 – 7 P.M.
Council Chambers | Novi Civic Center |45175 Ten Mile Road
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
2. ROLL CALL: Commissioners Dooley, Thomopoulos, Bauss, Jewell, Pratt, Staab, Torimoto, Student Representatives Jooho Lee, Alice Wou
3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
4. CITIZEN COMMENTS: In order to hear all citizen comments at a reasonable hour, the Parks Commission requests that speakers respect the three-minute time limit. This is not a question-answer session. However, it is an opportunity to voice your thoughts with PRCS Commission. Speakers wishing to display visual materials through the City’s audiovisual system must provide the materials to the PRCS Office no later than 5 p.m. five days before the meeting and the materials cannot be changed before the meeting.
5. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
A. Approval of Oct. 2017 minutes
6. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
A. Walkable Novi – Commissioners Bauss & Thomopoulos
B. Novi Park Foundation – Commissioner Staab & Torimoto
C. Grants Committee – Commissioners Dooley & Pratt
D. Parks Updates
1. Wildlife Woods Park (Sept.) – Commissioner Torimoto
2. Villa Barr Art Park (Aug.) – Commissioner Jewell
7. MATTERS FOR COMMISSION DISCUSSION AND/OR ACTION:
A. Reassignment of Parks Update Roles
B. eBikes Discussion
C. OAS Strategic Plan Presentation by OAS Manager Karen Kapchonick
8. STAFF REPORTS:
A. Administration Division – Director Jeff Muck
1. Project Updates
B. Recreation Division – Deputy Director Tracie Ringle
1. Program & Services
C. Older Adults Division – Older Adult Services Manager Karen Kapchonick
1. Program & Services
9. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
10. COMMISSIONER COMMENTS:
12. FUTURE EVENTS:
18 Parks Commission @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
19 Victory 2018 Benefit (Police/Fire vs. Red Wings Alumni) @ Novi Ice Arena – 7:45 p.m.
20 Child Car Seat Safety Check @ Fire Station #4 – 9 a.m.-noon
20 Chili Chilly Softball Showdown @ Power Park – 9 a.m.
22 City Council @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
25-26 Schoolhouse Rock Live! Jr. @ Theatre Quarter – 7 p.m.
27-28 Schoolhouse Rock Live! Jr. @ Theatre Quarter – 1 p.m. & 5 p.m.
2 Chamber of Commerce Toast of the Town @ Suburban Collection Showplace – 6:30-10:30 p.m.
2-3 Daddy Daughter Dance @ Novi Civic Center – 7-9 p.m.
3 Daddy Daughter Dance @ Novi Civic Center – 2-4 p.m.
5 City Council @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
6 Chamber of Commerce Winter Business Mixer @ Novi Civic Center – 5-7 p.m.
7 CPR Class @ Fire Station #4 – 6:30-10 p.m.
10 Civilian Pistol Safety Class @ Police Training Center – 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
14 Love and Friendship Luncheon @ Meadowbrook Activity Center – Noon-2 p.m.
15 Parks Commission @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
17 Child Car Seat Safety Check @ Fire Station #4 – 9 a.m.-noon
19 City Offices, Meadowbrook Activity Center Closed; Novi Public Library Open
19 Camp Arctic Adventure @ Novi Ice Arena – 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
21 Older Adult Advisory Board @ Novi Civic Center – 6:30 p.m.
23 Mother Son Dance @ Novi Civic Center – 7-9 p.m.
24 State of the City Address @ Novi Civic Center – 9 a.m.
26 City Council @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department 248.347.0400 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations.