Agenda - Thursday, January 16, 2014
PARKS, RECREATION & CULTURAL SERVICES COMMISSION AGENDA
CITY OF NOVI
Thursday, January 16, 2014 7PM
Council Chambers | Novi Civic Center |45175 W. Ten Mile Road
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
2. ROLL CALL: Commissioners Torimoto, Bauss, Ferrell, Jewell, Staab, Wingfield, Student Representatives Suhas Kodali, Mehma Singh
3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
4. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
5. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
6. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
Approval of December minutes
( Click for this packet item 33KB)
A. Walkable Novi – Commissioners Torimoto & Bauss
B. Novi Park Foundation – Commissioners Staab & Ferrell
C. Parks and Recreation Grant Committee-Commissioners Wingfield & Jewell
7. STAFF REPORTS:
A. Administration Division – Director Jason Mangum
1. Deputy Director position update
2. Dog Park review update
3. Paul Policicchio memorial
4. Community Recreation Plan update
5. Hearing for Commissioners – SWOT Analysis
6. February Commission meeting – February 27th
B. Older Adult Services – Older Services Manager Rachel Zagaroli
C. Recreation Division – Director Jason Mangum
1. Youth & Teen update
2. Theatre production updates
3. Sports Update
8. MATTERS FOR COMMISSION DISCUSSION AND/OR ACTION:
A. Review and discussion of Novi Farmer’s Market
9. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
10. COMMISSIONER COMMENTS:
12. FUTURE EVENTS:
16 Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services Commission-Council Chambers-7 p.m.
20 City Offices Closed
21 City Council – Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
3 City Council – Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
17 City Offices Closed
18 City Council – Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
27 Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services Commission –
Council Chambers-7 p.m.
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department 248.347.0400 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations.