26300 Lee BeGole Drive
Department Phone: 248-735-5640
The Field Operations Division provides numerous and essential public services to residents throughout the City of Novi. Some of the tasks the team is responsible for are:
- Routine and proactive maintenance of public roads – street surfaces, asphalt overlays, concrete work, crack sealing, grading
- Pot hole patching
- Curb repair and shoulder maintenance
- Road striping
- Roadside and median landscaping
- Street sweeping
- Storm drain repairs and reconstruction
- Winter maintenance operations
- Snow and ice control
- Street signage maintenance and traffic pavement markings
- Street light maintenance
- Sewer collection maintenance – culverts and catch basins
- Forestry operations
- Non-motorized maintenance
- Mosquito prevention control
- Community event set-up assistance
- Recycling center administration
- Brush removal
By performing routine and proactive maintenance services, the Department of Public Services team helps the city maintain the greatness and perfection Novi is known for.
Our Team Mission and Goals
To creatively provide effective and efficient maintenance; servicing the City of Novi’s roads, drains, forestry, and fleet operations.
- Establish proactive asset management programs within each section through stakeholder communication, collaboration, and innovation.
- Ensure timely and cost-effective performance of planned/programmed maintenance and operations activities (e.g., routine preventive road and drain maintenance, winter road maintenance) as well as unplanned emergency repairs and operations (e.g., power outages, emergency snow/ice removal, emergency road repairs, and support to the Water & Sewer Division during water main breaks).
Please make a selection to the left to learn more about the Field Operations Division.