Novi Public Library - Support Services Clerk (Customer Service), Permanent Part-Time
- Performs all duties assigned in the ILS Module accurately and efficiently; problem solves patron and catalog issues; assists Library patrons while employing the Library's and City of Novi's customer service principles.
- Performs workroom duties and other tasks as assigned, including sorting and loading carts for shelving; shelving of materials; shelf reading; processing holds, returns, and other materials from delivery; troubleshooting and maintenance operations of the AST System; answering main phone, directing calls, and making public address announcements as needed; and registering cash, check, and credit card transactions.
- Adapts and responds to multiple priorities, interruptions, and demands; retains knowledge and stays up-to-date on current Library policies and procedures; communicates effectively with patrons, co-workers, and professional colleagues; resolves problem situations and collaborates across departments in a positive manner.
- Assists with opening and closing procedures for the Support Services Department.
- Assists with the overall maintenance and orderliness of the Library's collections, display areas, and department areas.
- Assists in accomplishing the Library's and the Support Service Department's goals.
- Assists, as assigned, to perform Outreach Services duties. Prepares and delivers materials to various senior and homebound facilities utilizing the Library vehicle; loads and unloads materials from carts.
- Assists, as assigned, to perform Technical Services duties. Performs acquisitions duties, cataloging, MARC record maintenance, materials processing and maintenance, and processing of ILL and MeLCat materials.
- Seeks professional continuing education, both organized and casual, with an air toward keeping services current and appropriate for the patrons.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of alphabetical, numerical, and decimal systems of arrangement.
- Proficient in MS Office, Internet browsers, and other computer related technology.
- Ability to take direction willingly and easily adaptable to change.
- Enthusiastic, positive, friendly and approachable.
- Strong attention to customer service.
- Strong obligation to confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Physical mobility, vision, hearing, and manual dexterity essential.
- Maintain physical condition necessary for sitting, standing, bending, and/or walking for extended periods of time; stooping; crouching; reaching; carrying books or boxes of books; pushing book carts; seeing; keyboarding; using the telephone; lifting, pushing, pulling or carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds; push or pull with wheeled cart up to 500 pounds; operating assigned equipment; picking up litter; spreading ice melt.
Hours - 19 Hours/Week
- Sunday, 1pm - 6pm
- Monday, 5pm - 9pm
- Thursday, 4pm - 9pm
- Alternating Friday/Saturday, 9:30am - 2:30pm
$11.56 per hour
Resume, cover letter, and application required.
Send to: Marcia Dominick, Administrative Assistant
Novi Public Library
45255 W. Ten Mile Rd.
Novi, Ml 48375