The goal of the Camp/Skill-Building Scholarship Program is to provide scholarships to a targeted group of youth for activities that would enable them to develop a skill, talent, or interest in which, due to a lack of funds, they would otherwise be unable to participate. These skill-building scholarships are aimed at expanding the child's horizon, increasing the child's skills, building self-confidence, and enhancing self-esteem.
To be eligible, these criteria must be met:
- Age 5-18
- Novi resident
- Must have been a resident of Novi for 1+ years
- Income eligible according to current HUD guidelines (see chart on page 3 of application)
The following documentation must be submitted:
- Proof of residency with copies of 3 of the following 5 pieces of identification:
- Driver’s license
- State ID
- Property tax statement
- Lease agreement
- City of Novi water bill
- Proof of income with copy of Federal Tax Form 1040 from previous year
- Flyer/brochure for the activity showing cost, location, and dates
Click here for the Scholarship Application
- Once eligibility is verified, the scholarship request must be approved by NYA’s scholarship committee.
- If approved, the parent will receive an acceptance letter and a check will be mailed directly to the activity sponsor.
- If approved, maximum scholarship is 50% of the program cost. The scholarship will be valid for one month from the date of approval.
- Scholarship may be rescinded and restitution of any fees paid will be collected if scholarship information is falsified.
- Transportation to and from programs/classes and events, as well as any additional fees associated with the program/class are the responsibility of the scholarship recipient.
- Scholarships will not be awarded for preschool.
- Scholarship funds are limited.